Thread: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Hybrid View

Administrator

Re: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Alright here's what I found. This #3 issue exist in official build also as I tested it tonight.

If I rm /root/.showeq/showeq.xml and rerun showeq and save preferences, it's back in /root/.showeq.

If I rm -rf /root/.showeq and rerun showeq and save preferences, it saved it to /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml and it shows "Finished saving preferences to file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml" in console, then I modified a setting and save preferences again, it saved it to /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml again. But when I closed showeq and restart showeq, it tried to load from /root/.showeq/showeq.xml but says "Unable to open file: /root/.showeq/showeq.xml" and it loaded default settings again. Then I was able to save it to /root/.showeq/showeq.xml and it works as normal. So I guess since /root/.showeq didn't exist on first run. I'll probably just ignore this #3 "issue" since it's in official build and nobody else complained/cared about this.
    Nice work! That's HUGE help.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Since #3 exist in official build, I wouldn't worry about it (see previous post).
    Already fixed

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    Already fixed
    That's great! You're quick! I haven't played in last couple days but will be tonight and tomorrow.

EDIT: I didn't even notice on the map issue, but I was only playing in GMM zone and dying to GH/GL. I got some old quests I gotta do. I box 4 or 5 characters with mercs at a time.... Maps I am using is using mapconvert script posted by Razzle and my own "merge" script.
    Last edited by Loki; 11-02-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Administrator

Maps I use in SEQ5 are all loading without issue. Fix looks to be right on. It's been rock solid but I see significant lag and difficulty repainting the map screen that I don't experience with 5. Not sure where to start troubleshooting. It takes a few minutes to kick in then sticks until I close and restart. In other words, zoning doesn't fix it.
    Last edited by fransick; 11-03-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling counts

Administrator

This could definitely be tricky to troubleshoot. A few questions come to mind that might help me get started:

When you say difficulty repainting, do you mean as it relates to the laggy behavior, or are there other repainting issues like ghosting or artifacts?

How does the lag act - does it seem like a slideshow - the whole screen updates at once but the updates are too far apart? or is it more like part of the screen updates, then another part of the screen updates, then another part of the screen updates, until everything is updated?

If it starts lagging after a few minutes - does the amount of time before it starts to lag seem to be fairly consistent, or is it pretty variable?

Once it starts lagging, does it seem to get worse the longer it runs, or does it get to a certain level of lag and sort of stay there?

Have you seen it start happening while you're in different zones, or have you pretty much been in the same place when it happened?

Administrator

This could definitely be tricky to troubleshoot. A few questions come to mind that might help me get started:

When you say difficulty repainting, do you mean as it relates to the laggy behavior, or are there other repainting issues like ghosting or artifacts? No Ghosting or Artifacts. Behaves more like the FPS drops to 1 FPS

How does the lag act - does it seem like a slideshow - the whole screen updates at once but the updates are too far apart? or is it more like part of the screen updates, then another part of the screen updates, then another part of the screen updates, until everything is updated? Whole screen updates but they are far apart. When sitting in PoK, I can see all the NPCS and PCs move but at something close to 1 FPS

If it starts lagging after a few minutes - does the amount of time before it starts to lag seem to be fairly consistent, or is it pretty variable? Time it takes seems fairly consistent.

Once it starts lagging, does it seem to get worse the longer it runs, or does it get to a certain level of lag and sort of stay there? Reaches a point then stays there

Have you seen it start happening while you're in different zones, or have you pretty much been in the same place when it happened?
    Happens in all zones I have visited
    I was contemplating setting up another Linux box with a more current distro and better equipment to see if that changes anything. Didn't have time this weekend and traveling next few weeks so might be a bit before I can test.

Administrator

Thanks fransick, that should get me started.

If you do get a chance to test with something more recent, that would be great. But of course, RL comes first. Who knows, maybe I'll have it figured out by the time you get back. Safe journeys!

Administrator

Thanks fransick, that should get me started.

If you do get a chance to test with something more recent, that would be great. But of course, RL comes first. Who knows, maybe I'll have it figured out by the time you get back. Safe journeys!
    Some further testing with map debug... once the lag starts it persists through zoning and is unshakeable until a restart of SEQ. It drops the FPS to 1 and ms vary between 52 and 150. Super slow and does not happen on SEQ5. I can say that it hasn't Seg Faulted once and doesn't seem to have a problem with "
    SEQ: Giving up on finding arq" which are two things I have been seeing on SEQ5 of late

Thread Information