Thread: Map grid size

Map grid size

I'm new to this product, and want to thank who ever keeps it alive. After patching yesterday I notice my maps got really small( the gride of the map increase by 10x). A few days ago my grid X and Y access was between 0- 3000. Today my Map grid is between 0 and 30,000. Is there any way to make the grid of the map smaller so it only looks between 3000 and -3000 instead of 30,000 and -30,000?

Re: Map grid size

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grid.gif 
Views:	432 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	751

Here is a screenshot of my issue. That is the town of freeport I need to do max zoom of 32 to see anything, but I wish I could zoom in more
    Last edited by homebrewhero; 06-18-2020 at 09:52 AM.

For anyone who is wondering. I fixed this issue. I first recompiled the install with the make $ make install, and then I removed and copied my maps back over and it is now working. I'm not sure what i did fixed it. It is now working.

Administrator

The map scale is going to be determined by the range of position values that SEQ knows about. Notice that most of the spawns are in the city area, but there are several PC spawns a good bit above the city area, and then that one PC way at the bottom. The map has to scale to include all of those, which is why it's so "zoomed out".

Basically this indicates a mismatch between the structs in everquest.h and the data format being used by the game. Making sure you have the latest version of the files and patches then recompiling is the fix (as you discovered).

Developer

I always start with "make clean", then "make", then "make install". The Makefile dependencies in showeq have issues.

Thread Information