Thread: SEQ 6 - Error "No Working Qt user interface compiler (uic) found!"

SEQ 6 - Error "No Working Qt user interface compiler (uic) found!"

Hi Everyone,

I just installed Ubuntu 20.10, then installed QT 4, then went to install ShowEQ 6. I get to the part of ./configure then it goes through part of the install and ends up with the error: "No Working Qt user interface compiler (uic) found!"

I following the instructions to install QT 4 and they seemed to work properly (instructions at: https://tutorialforlinux.com/2020/10...llation-guide/ )

I'm not an expert with Linux by any stretch of the imagination, but after searching the web for the last 5 hours figured this would be the best place to ask for help since I finally admit, I can't figure it out myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, keeping in mind I'm a linux newbie!

Thanks,
    Zyxi

Re: SEQ 6 - Error "No Working Qt user interface compiler (uic) found!"

I got it almost working by going back to Ubuntu 18 instead of 20! It comes up, but when I log into a zone the following error appears and SEQ Closes without displaying any data:

Now the only issue is I'm getting the error of "Warning: OP_ZoneEntry (0x559a) (dataLen: 92_ doesn't match sizeof (ClientZoneEntryStruct):88
    When the warning of EQPacketFragmentSequence::addFragment(): buffer overflow adding in new fragment to buffer with seq 0656 on stream 3, opcode 0bb3. Buffer is size 768004 and has been filled up to 767579, but tried to add 505 more!

Known issue? Something I have configured wrong? any ideas? (newest 6.0.0.0-rc3 installed)

Administrator

I haven't tried an Ubuntu install, but it sounds like either one of the needed Qt packages didn't get installed, or we need to tweak the configure script.

That particular OP_ZoneEntry warning is harmless, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. If you see other similar warnings, they may or may not be harmless.

The addFragment warning is a known issue. See http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthr...ffer-overflows for things that can help.

Code:
    sudo xed /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt-default/qtchooser/default.conf
    add on the top line and save the file

Code:
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt4/bin
    If you run /bin/uic it throws up a QT5 error stating it can't find the executable because the default.conf is looking for QT5 directories which don't exist on Ubuntu or Linux Mint.

I was able to get ShowEQ to compile on Linux Mint and this error stumped me for a while.
    Last edited by MrDabrudda; 05-01-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Thread Information