Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Showeq 6 and Raspberry Pi 4

Re: Showeq 6 and Raspberry Pi 4

Thanks for the guide. I have this working on my pi 4 with x11 forwarding. works like a dream, except one thing.. i am getting frequent segmentation fault errors, more than I got on CentOS 7. Is there anything one can do to prevent these errors, or reduce their frequency?
    Last edited by Shinigami; 02-03-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
    Thanks for the guide. I have this working on my pi 4 with x11 forwarding. works like a dream, except one thing.. i am getting frequent segmentation fault errors, more than I got on CentOS 7. Is there anything one can do to prevent these errors, or reduce their frequency?
    Make sure fast machine and session tracking is on. The problem most likely is session tracking.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    Make sure fast machine and session tracking is on. The problem most likely is session tracking.
    That appears to have fixed it. thank you

Back in the day, almost no one ran more than 1 instance. Even when they did windowed mode, most people couldnt run more than one instance. Usually you had two computers running it. It used to take a beefy machine to run two. Now I run 6 with ease. Session tracking focuses on one set of zone packets so it doesnt get confused and crash.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

RIP. I spoke too soon.. Just got another segfault with those settings enabled. Do we know what causes it or are there any other tips? also, I only run one instance of showeq

Seg faults happen occasionally. SEQ isnt perfect. Make sure you are updated to the newest version. Occasionally I will forget to updated and it will seg. What is the segfault? If it continues to happen, post the output of the seg fault. Be sure to XXX ip addresses and names, if any.

Not multiple instances of SEQ, I meant multiple instances of EQ

Famous Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    Seg faults happen occasionally. SEQ isnt perfect. Make sure you are updated to the newest version. Occasionally I will forget to updated and it will seg. What is the segfault? If it continues to happen, post the output of the seg fault. Be sure to XXX ip addresses and names, if any.

Not multiple instances of SEQ, I meant multiple instances of EQ
    Yeah I get you. Your advice definitely reduced the frequency by alot. Been playing for hours today and havent got any segfaults

Quote Originally Posted by Shinigami View Post
    Yeah I get you. Your advice definitely reduced the frequency by alot. Been playing for hours today and havent got any segfaults
    Heya Shinigami, pay attention what you are doing when the seg fault happens. I'm also running on centos 7, and whenever I add someone or drop someone from a task (/kickp t) to kick everyone from the task or even if i drop a group mission, i get a seg fault. Also When I camp out in POK for the night and i bring in my bazaar mule, it detects the bazaar and seg faults. My buddy is running the same thing and whenever he does anything with tasks, he also seg faults.

Quote Originally Posted by kkmonte View Post
    Heya Shinigami, pay attention what you are doing when the seg fault happens. I'm also running on centos 7, and whenever I add someone or drop someone from a task (/kickp t) to kick everyone from the task or even if i drop a group mission, i get a seg fault. Also When I camp out in POK for the night and i bring in my bazaar mule, it detects the bazaar and seg faults. My buddy is running the same thing and whenever he does anything with tasks, he also seg faults.
    I think you're onto something. It's been happening to me every time I kick task as well. and for BA, there's no reported error in terminal. It goes straight from lines of tracked EQ logs to "Segmentation fault"

Administrator

To aid in troubleshooting, please do the following:

1. Ensure that ShowEQ is built with debug support. This is the default, so unless you run ./configure with the --disable-debug switch, you should already have debugging enabled.

2. Enable core dumps. Immediately before you run ShowEQ (in the same terminal session, and as the same user used to run ShowEQ), run
    Code:
     # ulimit -c unlimited

3. Run ShowEQ & play EQ until you get a crash. This should leave a file called "core" (or similar) in the directory where you ran ShowEQ.

4. Install GDB if it isn't already installed, and load the core file into GDB.
    Code:
     # gdb  showeq core
    5. Generate a backtrace from the core
    Code:
     # bt full
    6. Copy/paste it into a file (there will be several pages) and PM or email ([email protected]) it to me.

Thanks.

I just have the most recent SEQ build using the normal procedure. Will follow your recommendations. That said, i just got a new one today outside of an instance, and there was an accompanying error. Names redacted to protect identity

Code:
    Warning: SpawnShell: tried to rename Fellowship_Campfire02 to XXX's Fellowship, but the original mob didn't exist in the spawn list
    Segmentation fault
    Seems to indicate an issue with a fellowship campfire

The Raspberry Pi Raspbian OS downloads are now Bullseye and Legacy (Buster). Bullseye doesn't support QT4 and the Legacy fails on ./configure checking for ICE and is missing the ICE development package. Going back to older versions of Buster and prior have a mode flag called OldStable and they will not update / upgrade. So currently I'm unable to build a working RPi 4 ShowEQ with the current Raspbian OS and version 6 of ShowEQ. There is a thread on ShowEQ7 supporting QT5 in development but until ShowEQ7 is available any suggestions on getting QT4 to work with Bullseye or how to find the ICE development library for the legacy buster version would be helpful.

Since CentOS 8 died (cant even find it anymore on the repos) (RH Killed CentOS) there is no real support for CentOS7 or 8 for QT5. CentOS Stream is the new product and is basically what Fedora Core used to be (cutting edge beta for RHE). There are 2 new flavors that take CentOS Stream and mold it into a similar package of RHE. Unfortunately it still is basically Stream with more RHE packages. We will have to see what one shakes out to be the best before moving to QT5.

Famous Quotes:

I found a solution to the missing library that ./configure errors out on. The Raspberry Pi has a list of all the packages and searching for ICE found several packages containing ICE in the package name.

What worked to solve the configure was "libice-dev" for Bullseye2:1.0.10-1) Buster2:1.0.9-2) X11 Inter-Client Exchange library (development headers). Using the legacy raspbian (Buster) image with the packages listed at the beginning of this thread needs to add libice-dev.

Skittles!

Thanks sea4ht. Ill go back and edit it a little later to add that post. Good work figuring it out.

Edit: Made the changes to the original message! Thanks!
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 06-04-2022 at 11:52 AM.

Famous Quotes:

Thread Information