Thread: Any way to highlight all "Drop: U30f7" in a zone?

Any way to highlight all "Drop: U30f7" in a zone?

I have Showeq working and am not having issues, but can't find any documentation showing the differences between things like: Hunt, Caution, Danger, Locate, Alert, Filtered, and Tracer. Is there a document anywhere that describes how each of these things work? Also, what is the difference between a standard filter and a zone filter?

Ideally, I would like to be able to just see every "Drop: U30f7" flashing. This would be both the currently spawned and any future spawned with this name. How do you configure it to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Any way to highlight all "Drop: U30f7" in a zone?

I figured it out ... Caution filter does the flashing!

Here is what I do and what i have noticed. This is just from me playing around with it and how i normally hunt if i have to hunt something and want something flashing. I'll click on the mob or name in the left list, right click it and go to add xx zone filter -> , then I chose Hunt. I then start from the right and backspace to erase evertyhing except for the "Name:Sebillisian trooper, a", that way it will show me all objects with that name, i don't care about level, guild, etc. Then all those mobs will blink on the map. I think the zone filter seems to be temporary and when I zone and come back those mobs don't blink, so i have to re-do it if i want it to blink again. (Which is a good thing). I think i tried the regular Add a xx filter (without zone) and it was a permanent blink thing. That's all I got on that.

Administrator

Yes, just adding the filter and doing nothing else is temporary. I think the "regular" filters are global - that is, they work across all zones. But they will also be temporary unless saved, and will be cleared upon program restart (I think). In either case, if you go to the filter menu and do "save filters" (for global) or "save zone filters" (for zone), then those temporary filters will be written to the filter files and reloaded on the next restart (for global) or the next time you enter that zone (for zone).

Also, if it's just a quick thing, you can just type whatever you're looking for in the search bar above the map and hit enter and it will make those matches flash. It uses regexp syntax, so if you're, for example, on a TLP and in TT trying to do your Seb key, you can type "hunter|forager" (without quotes) and it will highlight all the froglok hunters/foragers.

Developer

Filter files are just XML and easy to edit in a text editor. You can set them up with a list of hunter named from eqresource and such, without needing the mobs up to use the GUI.

Thread Information