Thread: Add zone point hover / tooltip to maps?

Add zone point hover / tooltip to maps?

Is this possible, to have an indicator where each zoneline takes you, like the ingame map?

Administrator

Re: Add zone point hover / tooltip to maps?

Maybe? If the current struct is accurate, then it looks like it includes the zone ID. So it should be possible to do a lookup and display the info. Then it's a matter of figuring out how to best represent it in the UI.

That said, I'd expect zones to be labeled on most maps, which, would make this functionality more or less unnecessary. Do your maps not have it? Do you have "Locations" enabled in the map view (show? I don't remember) menu?

Show Locations is enabled on the map, it just doesn't seem to have any location data in the map files. The most I've ever gotten is "Safe Point".

Administrator

By default, SEQ is only going to load the first map file for a given zone, so if the locations aren't in that first file, they won't show up.

You have a few options:

1) Manually load each additional map using File->Import Map

2) Use the converter script found in the map forum to "squash" the multiple map layer files into one file

3) Try the version of SEQ on the cn187_devel branch - I added support for loading/selecting multiple layers so it will be more like the way the in-game map works. But it still needs more testing, so it's not quite ready to merge to trunk.

Thread Information