Thread: Scarce for a little while

Scarce for a little while

Hello everyone, for about the next 6 months, I might be a little scarce. Several things happened at work and it is totally going to mess up my schedule and free time. We had a person leave and another passed away from a stroke (luckily I survived mine). Unfortunately it takes about 6 months for our hiring process and clearance. So not only have I been given a larger workload, I now have to cover for the co-worker that past.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Re: Scarce for a little while

As we tell everyone in the guild - real life comes first. It's just a game. That said, don't get overwhelmed and stressed out. I've been in that situation before, and had the ulcers to prove it. If it took 2 people 1 day to get x and y done, then it takes 2 days for 1 person to get the same thing done. Trying to make you get 2 or 3 peoples work done at the old pace isn't good for you, and it isn't good for who you work for.

This job is nothing like my old job. At least they treat me good here and very little stress.

My old job used to make me work 50+ hours a week with no compensation. One time, in a 2 week period, I worked 104 hours and 98 the next week. Didn't even get paid for it nor was I even given a thank you. The only thing they did for me was to write me up a week afterwards because I played a game during my lunch. Didn't even get to eat lunch or play the game because I got called away and she saw it on my screen.

I'm lucky to be where I am and to have a good company to work for who appreciates what you do. It might be a PITA now, but it will be rectified by giving me extra PTO or something.
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 09-24-2021 at 11:57 AM.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    My old job used to make me work 50+ hours a week with no compensation. One time, in a 2 week period, I worked 104 hours and 98 the next week. Didn't even get paid for it nor was I even given a thank you. The only thing they did for me was to write me up a week afterwards because I played a game during my lunch. Didn't even get to eat lunch or play the game because I got called away and she saw it on my screen.
    Wow I wish I know what was going on their feeble minds at the time... I could never do that to my employees. And I'm glad you're not part of their bullshit anymore.
    Last edited by Loki; 10-24-2021 at 10:18 AM.

It was because of a power hungry person who was promoted up through the ranks through fear, intimidation, and threats of blackmail. She wanted me to become her puppet and I refused. She thought, since I had been there for almost 20 years, that I would rather capitulate with her plans than leave a career.

Unbeknownst to her, about 5 months earlier, she had pulled me aside in a public area and yelled at me for 20 minutes blaming me for a problem that was caused by her employee not doing his job. That day I applied for a job at the FAA. About a month later, I got a call offering me the job pending my security clearance. I told them to give me to the end of the day to think about it. Just so happened that the general manager gave me a raft of shit that day so I took the job. I had to continue working there for another 4 months. I thought I would pass the background check, but you never know so I worked like I didn't have a new job. The "incident" about the game came a week before I got word that I was approved. She said it was a terminable offense (playing a game) but, since I has been there for 20 years, if I begged for my job in writing, she would consider keeping me on. I complied and begged for my job in writing. She said that in two weeks, she would let me know if it was decided that they would let me keep my job. It looked like she won and I would be forever under her thumb.

Then the approval came in. I was so happy. To show no hard feelings, even though they tried to screw me, I gave them 3 weeks notice. In that notice, I thanked them for the 20 years of work and offered to consult on an hourly basis at my (then) current salary rate. I did my best to document everything, train the people, and make sure it was going to be as little pain when I left.

Since then, I found that the GM purposely wiped all the documentation that was on my workstation because she claimed that I would hack into there systems if the IT didn't comply. Mind you, that they haven't changed ANY passwords since I left. I know that because the IT staff asked for me to be brought back and was flatly denied by the GM. Desperate, he contacted me via email with a bunch of issues. I agreed to help for free for him and the employees but not for the GM. Then I found out that they made no changes to any passwords, have not been maintaining the equipment, and things were in a sad shape. I helped them recover all the documents from one of my backups (luckily they didn't delete them) so the IT staff was happy and could do their job. I haven't heard from them since. I'm too nice a person I guess. Even people at my current job said they would not have done that for them.

Famous Quotes:

Thread Information