Thread: Scarce for a little while

Scarce for a little while

Hello everyone, for about the next 6 months, I might be a little scarce. Several things happened at work and it is totally going to mess up my schedule and free time. We had a person leave and another passed away from a stroke (luckily I survived mine). Unfortunately it takes about 6 months for our hiring process and clearance. So not only have I been given a larger workload, I now have to cover for the co-worker that past.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Re: Scarce for a little while

As we tell everyone in the guild - real life comes first. It's just a game. That said, don't get overwhelmed and stressed out. I've been in that situation before, and had the ulcers to prove it. If it took 2 people 1 day to get x and y done, then it takes 2 days for 1 person to get the same thing done. Trying to make you get 2 or 3 peoples work done at the old pace isn't good for you, and it isn't good for who you work for.

This job is nothing like my old job. At least they treat me good here and very little stress.

My old job used to make me work 50+ hours a week with no compensation. One time, in a 2 week period, I worked 104 hours and 98 the next week. Didn't even get paid for it nor was I even given a thank you. The only thing they did for me was to write me up a week afterwards because I played a game during my lunch. Didn't even get to eat lunch or play the game because I got called away and she saw it on my screen.

I'm lucky to be where I am and to have a good company to work for who appreciates what you do. It might be a PITA now, but it will be rectified by giving me extra PTO or something.
    Last edited by BlueAdept; 09-24-2021 at 11:57 AM.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    My old job used to make me work 50+ hours a week with no compensation. One time, in a 2 week period, I worked 104 hours and 98 the next week. Didn't even get paid for it nor was I even given a thank you. The only thing they did for me was to write me up a week afterwards because I played a game during my lunch. Didn't even get to eat lunch or play the game because I got called away and she saw it on my screen.
    Wow I wish I know what was going on their feeble minds at the time... I could never do that to my employees. And I'm glad you're not part of their bullshit anymore.
    Last edited by Loki; 10-24-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Thread Information