Thread: ShowEQ Server crashes. A LOT

ShowEQ Server crashes. A LOT

How can I troubleshoot issue(s) with the Server? The Server crashes on me a lot. I don't have any problems with the Client.

Re: ShowEQ Server crashes. A LOT

Server code I'm least familiar with. I'll have to dig around and see what I can find or do to enable any logging. Personally I haven't had any issues unless I'm twiddling with offsets, and then it pops an error message up to be before it quits.

Anything consistent with the crashes? Zoning, big fights, particular zones?

I've actually got some stuff to do in the server code anyways, so this gives me something to do this weekend.

Also, any error messages being given or is the server just closing? I don't remember ever seeing the server crash either unless I was tinkering.

The client would occasionally crash, but was so infrequent I never really tried to troubleshoot it.

I still follow the project, but outside of a 2 month stretch in 2015, I haven't really played in 12-13 years.

Nothing special going on when the Server crashes (stops responding). I receive an audio notification that a program has stopped and Task Manager shows EqMule Build with "Very high"Power usage (?), but there's no "feed" to the Client. CPU usage still fluctuates, as if the process is working normally. At that point, I cannot Close the Server application, I have to End Task the process. I don't find any files in the \MySEQ or \MySEQ-srv folders with today's date/time.

No good logging the server code, but I'll look through all the loops and see if I can find a place where it might get stuck. What version of the software are you running? 2.4.1?

MySEQ Open (2021) 2.5.0.0 eqDialup's Build, Based on EqMule 2.4.1.0

Thanks that helps. I'm looking at the whole server piece.

Thread Information