Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ 6.3 Call for Testing

Administrator

Re: ShowEQ 6.3 Call for Testing

The tarball for rc2, which supports the 12/06 patch can be found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/seq...oweq-6.3.0rc2/

Wow. Great job. Things are working great so far.

Thanks. Switched to this version to test. Love that I can plop brewall's maps directly in, while removing layer 2 like previously mentioned.

Seems to be working fine so far with Qt 4.8.7.

I will be moving from a pi for my primary SEQ box to a small lenovo i3 pc (30 bucks plus hd and power supply). Is there a particular Linux flavor you want me to test on? Parts should all be here by some time next week.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

Nothing in particular - whatever you want to run.

What color background has folks found to make the maps most useable? I've been going back and forth between a tan, gray, and black, but some map lines are hard to read.

Administrator

I've always found the dark blue really hard to read against a black background, even when converting the maps separately. I set my background to a dark grey (#222222) and it seems to be OK most of the time. Though I think I did adjust the dark blue spawn color as well.

Now that you bring it up, I'm wondering if it would be worth adding the ability to tweak how the line colors are displayed, similar to what's there for con colors. Or if tweaking the background color is a "good enough" solution.

Edit: Looking at it again, the dark blue is hard to read even on the grey I'm using, so that's still not that great.
    Last edited by cn187; 12-07-2022 at 11:04 AM.

I'm wondering if a texture or something would make it easier vs a solid background color? Like a parchment or something? Maybe, maybe not... Or outline the dots on the map with a white (customizable?) border that makes the color stand apart from the background.

Btw, the map fading is great. Tested in PoK and as I went up towards the library, loved seeing the floors fade in and fade out. I had gotten used to using the ingame map for zones that needed a depth filter. This coupled with the spawn depth filter really makes the maps usable Great work!
    Last edited by xerxes; 12-07-2022 at 11:44 AM.

Administrator

I suppose it would be possible to allow loading a background image, though I'm not sure how much that would help. It could certainly make it look nicer, though.

As for outlining the dots, you should be able to do this already through the mapicons dialog. Select NPC Spawn, go to the outline tab, etc.

Yeah, the fading (and lack of it with the converted maps) was a big reason I wanted to rework some of the mapping stuff. Glad it's working well for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    As for outlining the dots, you should be able to do this already through the mapicons dialog. Select NPC Spawn, go to the outline tab, etc.
    Wow, thanks! There's a lot of dialogs I've never found before. The menu/preferences systems desperately needs some love to bring much needed organization.

Adding a dark gray outline to the NPC Spawns seems to help a ton. The Faded Floors seems to force the background to black vs keeping my selected dark gray color. Not sure if that's intended or not.

Administrator

The tarball for rc3, which supports the 12/08 patch can be found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/seq...oweq-6.3.0rc3/

Updated to latest. Seeing random *GM* next to people's name in the spawn list name column. Didn't see this previously.

Administrator

This was reported a while back (and isn't specific to 6.3). The struct that houses the GM flag has obviously changed, but it's hard to know where in the struct it belongs because it's rare to see an actual GM these days (at least in my experience). I suppose we could just remove that field for now, and then re-add it if the opportunity ever presents itself.

Just got to finally update it. Unfortunately I ran out of time before I actually got to play. Working tomorrow but hope to get a couple nights this week to play.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

The tarball for rc4, which supports the 01/18 patch can be found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/seq...oweq-6.3.0rc4/

Thread Information