Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ShowEQ 6.3 Call for Testing

Administrator

ShowEQ 6.3 Call for Testing

I'd like to release ShowEQ 6.3 soon, but it really needs more people than just me banging on it...

Changes:
    Code:
    cn187 (11/29/22)
    ----------------
    Release Candidate 1 for ShowEQ 6.3
    Features:
    - Map related
      - Multilayer map support with automatic conversion
      - Mouse scroll adjusts map zoom
      - Other miscellaneous map fixes
    - Interface related
      - Themes are no longer forced by ShowEQ
      - Support for using system-installed Qt themes, including dark themes
      - Miscellaneous Qt5 fixes
    - Reliability related
      - Additional packet filtering to reduce session disconnects due to
        random LAN traffic
    This new release is available in the files section of SourceForge at https://sourceforge.net/projects/seq...oweq-6.3.0rc1/

Installation (tarball):
    Code:
       $ tar xjvf showeq-6.3.0rc1.tar.bz2
       $ cd showeq-6.3.0rc1
       $ ./configure
       $ make
       $ make install
    Please report any issues in this thread. Hopefully we can get to a full-on release by the end of the year.

Edit: The tarball for rc5, which supports the 02/15 patch can be found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/seq...oweq-6.3.0rc5/
    Last edited by cn187; 02-19-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Re: ShowEQ 6.3 Call for Testing

I am going to try this version this weekend if I get time.
    I have my normal maps installed. Should I get brewalls maps instead? Do I need to convert them for the color (I have black background and breewall is white background).
    - Multilayer map support with automatic conversion

Also, do you make any changes to the pref file? Should it be backed up in case I need to go back?
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

The older map convert script smooshed all the separate map files into one layer. I might have turned that off by default when I redid the script. So depending on how old your maps are, you might be better off starting with fresh ones.

Regardless, no need to convert - I ported the color conversion routine from the mapconvert script into SEQ, so the colors should be adjusted in the same way that they were with the script.

I added a new element to the prefs to store the layer information, so it shouldn't affect any existing prefs. That said, mistakes happen so I will always advocate backing stuff up, just in case.

Very nice work. It seems to work pretty well and I do see all the different layers. I do seem to have an issue with map display. It seems to make the initial map a bit small. See pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pok.PNG 
Views:	219 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	838  

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Damn form attachments were set so small. Wouldn't take my pic even after shrinking it quite a bit. Took me a while but I figured it out. Should be good now.

Famous Quotes:

Administrator

Strange... my maps are centered as expected. It makes me think there might still be an intermittent struct issue. I'd be curious to know - when your map is small like that, if you sort the spawnlist by distance and click on the furthest thing away, is it down at the bottom outside the map? If so, then we still have a struct issue. If not, then it could be something weird going on with pan/zoom.

It might have to do with spawn points maybe? Nothing was outside the map walls. There were some spawn points that were, but I deleted them (actually removed all the files from the directory) and reloaded but was the same zoom. POT is similar, no spawns outside of map area but didn't see any spawn points either (had already deleted the files). That is all the testing I have done.

This is compiled on a raspberry pi just for reference.

Famous Quotes:

Administrator

I think the sizing issue is caused by one of Brewall's layers being the coordinates to spell out the map legend. If you are in the guild lobby, for example, look at layer 2 and you'll see that layer takes up a majority of the screen space outside the map and causes the map to resize to accommodate. If you delete layer two, the map sizes properly.

Administrator

Yep, that's it.

I've been using Good's maps, and it's centered as expected. When I switch to Brewall, it's offset due to the legend layer. If I don't load the layer with the legend (_2) then it's centered as well.

Administrator

What's the fastest way to convert a directory of maps that doesn't combine the layers. I think mapconvert script merges all the layers if I recall.

Administrator

That's the thing - if you you're using the 6.3 release candidate, you don't need to convert. Just dump the .txt files in your maps dir. (Clean out the .map files, first, because I think it will still prioritize them if they're there)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    That's the thing - if you you're using the 6.3 release candidate, you don't need to convert. Just dump the .txt files in your maps dir. (Clean out the .map files, first, because I think it will still prioritize them if they're there)
    Okay, that is officially slick. Nice going cn!

Administrator

Everything looks good so far. Being able to drop straight eqmaps into the map directory is so convenient! One issue I am seeing that is minor but new. Seeing this spam the console:
    Code:
    Debug:  ZoneMgr::zoneNameFromID: zone name not found: zoneId=33505
    The number changes depending on the zone but seems pretty consistent that it pops up in the zones I've visited.

Administrator

I haven't seen that. Since your maps are loading fine, it's maybe a struct issue with lesser used struct. I'll add it to my list of stuff to look at.

As for brewall, you can delete all *_2.txt. I've been using Good's maps mostly.

Thread Information