Thread: Console Spam

Administrator

Console Spam

Code:
    Debug: Wed 3/15/2023 18:57:34 - ZoneMgr::zoneNameFromID: zone name not found: zoneId=33505
    Debug: Wed 3/15/2023 19:02:35 - ZoneMgr::zoneNameFromID: zone name not found: zoneId=33505
    Debug: Wed 3/15/2023 19:02:46 - ZoneMgr::zoneNameFromID: zone name not found: zoneId=33505
    Debug: Wed 3/15/2023 19:04:36 - ZoneMgr::zoneNameFromID: zone name not found: zoneId=33505
    Debug: Wed 3/15/2023 19:07:12 - ZoneMgr::zoneNameFromID: zone name not found: zoneId=33505
    Debug: Wed 3/15/2023 19:10:32 - ZoneMgr::zoneNameFromID: zone name not found: zoneId=33505
    Debug: Wed 3/15/2023 19:12:30 - ZoneMgr::zoneNameFromID: zone name not found: zoneId=33505
    I know I've asked about this in the past but sounded like I may be the only one seeing this spam. Planning to look into ZoneMgr code this weekend to see what's up here.

Re: Console Spam

I believe that may be a new guild hall (you know a purchased one) instead of the standard guild hall. Can you confirm?
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

As far as I can tell, zone IDs only go up to 1000 (unless they decided to do something really weird). I think it's more likely to be a struct change.

A quick look through the code only shows a few paths that will generate that debug message. I don't think it's zonechange or player profile related, as I suspect things would be broken, rather than just showing a debug message.

I suspect either OP_GuildMemberList, or maybe zonePointStruct.

To test for OP_GuildMemberList, check and see if the zone info in the Guild window is correct, and/or check and see if you get the same debug messages with a character that isn't in a guild. (alternately you could probably replace the opcode for OP_GuiildMemberList with ffff and see if the message goes away).

I could easily see it being this one, because I don't think much attention has been paid to the guild-related code for quite a while.

If it's zonePointStruct, I'd expect that hovering over a zone-exit clickable (like a PoK book) should cause the debug message to print, and a bad zone name in the popup text.

I could also see it being this, as some other issues have been reported that may be related.
    Last edited by cn187; 03-16-2023 at 03:10 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdept View Post
    I believe that may be a new guild hall (you know a purchased one) instead of the standard guild hall. Can you confirm?
    True, this came from sitting new guild hall. GuildMemberList sounds like a logical culprit as it happens often enough while just sitting still that it seems to be triggered by someone else's actions... like guildmates entering or leaving a zone etc. Will follow up after I've poked around a bit more this weekend.

Correct me if I am wrong. Instanced zones do get weird numbers though. The purchased guild hall is an instance and not a regular zone.

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Administrator

I haven't looked at the instance stuff that closely, but my impression (which could be wrong) is that the zone id is the same as the "real" zone, but then there's a separate instance id.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    As far as I can tell, zone IDs only go up to 1000 (unless they decided to do something really weird). I think it's more likely to be a struct change.

A quick look through the code only shows a few paths that will generate that debug message. I don't think it's zonechange or player profile related, as I suspect things would be broken, rather than just showing a debug message.

I suspect either OP_GuildMemberList, or maybe zonePointStruct.

To test for OP_GuildMemberList, check and see if the zone info in the Guild window is correct, and/or check and see if you get the same debug messages with a character that isn't in a guild. (alternately you could probably replace the opcode for OP_GuiildMemberList with ffff and see if the message goes away).

I could easily see it being this one, because I don't think much attention has been paid to the guild-related code for quite a while.

If it's zonePointStruct, I'd expect that hovering over a zone-exit clickable (like a PoK book) should cause the debug message to print, and a bad zone name in the popup text.

I could also see it being this, as some other issues have been reported that may be related.
    I believe I narrowed it to a problem with the GuildMemberUpdate struct.
    Code:
    structGuildMemberUpdate
    {
    /*000*/  uint32_t  guildId;                   // guild id
    /*004*/  uint8_t  unknown004[4];              // 4 bytes added 11/16/16
    /*008*/  char  name[64];                     // member name
    /*072*/  uint16_t  zoneId;                   // zone id 
    /*074*/  uint16_t  zoneInstance;             // zone instance
    /*076*/  uint32_t  lastOn;                   // time the player was last on.
    /*080*/  uint8_t  unknown080[8];             // 4 bytes added 11/28/12, +4 added 11/16/16
    /*088*/ 
    };
    zoneId no longer seems to be in the packet as best I can tell. Haven't checked on zoneInstance but will give that a go next time I am in a zone that shows the instance number to compare.

Administrator

I stand corrected... sometimes the packet contains the zone ID other times it does not. The spam pictured in post #1 hits anytime someone zones into the palatial guild hall when I am there. The uint16_t value at octet 72 is not "e1 02" (737) as you would expect for the palatial guild hall. If I sit in the old guild hall, the value at octet 72 is correct with "01 59" (345). So it appears to be right sometimes and not others.

Thanks for following up on this. I see you submitted a patch. Thanks.

Famous Quotes:

Thread Information