Thread: MySEQ on two boxes, connection works, nothing happens on client

Question MySEQ on two boxes, connection works, nothing happens on client

Hi all,

A long time ago, in a game that was brand new then, I contributed some open source to a project called ShowEQ. Back when you still loaded Linux from Floppies a lot of the time but CDs were available but expensive, and downloads from Sunsite took forever. :-)

I started playing EQ again on Project 1999 Red and my friends and I decided to find each other to fight we wanted to us MySEQ because it seemed easier than getting ShowEQ running again on linux boxes.

I complied MySEQ server from source for the 3.0 version, found here https://github.com/eqdialup/MySEQ I did a fix or two to get it to compile with the latest visual studio but it starts and works and waits for connections as expected.

I downloaded the latest 2.5 client from https://github.com/eqdialup/MySEQ/releases/tag/V2.5.0 and used it as is.

When I start the server (as admin) it works fine, it sees an incoming connection from the client. The client shows connected but then shows nothing at all. No updates, no map, nothing on the client.

I used the offsets for the titanium client found on another thread and pasted here below.

Any ideas where to start trying to figure out why the client shows nothing?

Did I miss a step someplace on setup of the client?

Is this a situation where I need to use the 2.5 Client and the old version of the server or something? I really have no idea what I did wrong as this was supposed to be straight forward I thought..... ahh technology.

Offsets:

[File Info]
    PatchDate=10/31/2005

[Port]
    port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
    ZoneAddr=0x923a20
    TargetAddr=0x905d04
    CharInfo=0x905ce4
    SpawnHeaderAddr=0x905ce4
    ItemsAddr=0x905cc8
    WorldAddr=0x905cc0

[WorldInfo Offsets]
    worldHourOffset=4
    WorldMinuteOffset=5
    WorldDayOffset=6
    WorldMonthOffset=7
    WorldYearOffset=8

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
    NameOffset=0x120
    NextOffset=0x220
    PrevOffset=0x214
    LevelOffset=0x24c
    XOffset=0x30
    YOffset=0x34
    ZOffset=0x38
    LastnameOffset=0x1
    RaceOffset=0x260
    HideOffset=0x250
    ClassOffset=0x252
    TypeOffset=0x244
    SpeedOffset=0x48
    HeadingOffset=0x4c
    SpawnIDOffset=0x258
    PrimaryOffset=0x1fc
    OffhandOffset=0x200

[GroundItem Offsets]
    PrevOffset=0x00
    NextOffset=0x04
    NameOffset=0x2c
    IdOffset=0x08
    DropIdOffset=0x0c
    XOffset=0x28
    YOffset=0x24
    ZOffset=0x20

Re: MySEQ on two boxes, connection works, nothing happens on client

To follow up: The older version of the server that comes from the download here https://github.com/eqdialup/MySEQ/releases/tag/V2.5.0 seems to work fine.

I did a custom compile and MySEQ is up and working on a separate box with the server running on the box running EQ. All seems to be fine, so that makes me wonder is there something with the 3.0 version and old clients like the Titanium client?

For Project 1999 should I just stick with the old version of the server? It seems like the 3.0 version is going to be a big improvement, but perhaps it doesn't work with P99?

Thread Information