Thread: Updating names of ground spawns

Updating names of ground spawns

How do we update the names of ground spawns? I've grepped through the source for ones that do have their names show up, searched for the code shown in the spawn list, but can't find them anywhere. It's fine if I have to recompile -- just need to know what files need edited. Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Updating names of ground spawns

I don't think there's currently a mapping anywhere. If the server sends a name, the name is displayed, otherwise the ID gets displayed.

That said, I think doing an ID to name mapping (similar to what's done with held weapons, etc.) would be a nice quality of life improvement, and I think we can add it.

Maybe we can use this thread to start compiling a list of drops and their IDs.

Oh interesting. I assumed the held weapons were also IDs that someone maintained over time, like VeliumSword, etc. Didn't think the server was sending anything, as I've seen some really janky items for held items. Drop: U2367 as an example is what I see when dropping an item on the ground

Administrator

That might not have been as clear as it should have been.

Held weapons DO have an ID to Name mapping that we maintain. But ground spawns don't. We should be able to change ground spawns to work in a similar way as held weapons, so we could maintain a list of ID to Name mappings going forward.

Though, I do wonder what you mean by "some really janky items for held items". The last I checked, the held item stuff worked fairly well (though it's based off the item graphic/model, so if it's called X, but looks like Y, it will show up as Y.

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    Though, I do wonder what you mean by "some really janky items for held items". The last I checked, the held item stuff worked fairly well (though it's based off the item graphic/model, so if it's called X, but looks like Y, it will show up as Y.
    Some of them have odd names for held weapons is all I meant for it. It makes sense that it was just what someone decided to call it, vs the official name coming from the server. You mentioned for ground spawns that they display the name coming from the server and if not, it shows the ID. The only "ground spawns" I've seen with names have been tradeskill containers, which are technically ground spawns.

Administrator

I think I've seen a few other things that have names, too, but I don't remember what they were off the top of my head.

That said, if we want to start collecting U-numbers for drops, as well as some sort of name/string that describes what they are, then I'll make the needed code changes.

I think this would be a good addition.

I am pretty sure I have seen Mushroom for some quest.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Administrator

OK, I've looked at this some more, the U#### drops/groundspawns will use the same lookup as the held weapons/items. So there are actually no code changes to make, just adding the items to the appropriate lookup tables.

So all we need is a list of IDs and items, and we can add them.

It should be noted, however, that ID specifies the graphic the client uses to render the object, not the specific item you pick up. For example, if you drop multiple different items on the ground and they both show up with the "Bag" graphic, then the ID is probably going to be the same. Likewise, the "Red Mushroom" and "Blue Mushroom" IDs/graphics are used for multiple different mushroom items. So ideally we'd pick fairly generic names for IDs that can represent multiple items.

This list is tradeskill items from EQTraders, which I found via TAKproject. I haven't gone through the list to see what we already have IDs for, but this might be a good place to start.

Code:
    Misty Acorn - Misty Thicket
    Misty Thicket Twig - Misty Thicket
    Misty Thicket Fruit - Misty Thicket
    Underfoot Mushroom - Kaladim
    A Strange Dark Fungus - Kaladim
    Oak Bark - Butcherblock Mountains
    Permafrost Crystal - Permafrost
    Yew Leaves - Wakening Lands
    Faydark Twig - Greater Faydark
    Evergreen Leaf - Greater Faydark
    Sacrosypha Fungus - Lesser Faydark
    Morning Dew - Lesser Faydark
    Iron Oxide - Steamfont Mountains
    Russet Oxide - Steamfont Mountains
    Dulfis Mushroom - Paludal Caverns
    Black Silt Clay - Hollowshade Moor
    Chunk of Porous Ore - Hollowshade Moor
    Crystallized Ygri Root - Hollowshade Moor
    Grimroot - Hollowshade Moor
    Hollow Palm Root - Hollowshade Moor
    Blue Capped Mushroom - Shar Vahl
    Gray Mud - Shar Vahl
    Pinch of Scarlet Moss - Shar Vahl
    Redcapped Mushrooms - Shar Vahl
    Payala Fruit - Shadeweaver's Thicket
    Pile of Stinking Refuse - Shadeweaver's Thicket
    Jumjum Stalk - Rivervale
    A book of some description - POK
    Part of a medallion - Kaesora Library
    Part of a medallion - Swamp of No Hope
    a crate - City of Mist
    Tarnished Coin - all major cities
    Ripped Book Page - Innothule Swamp
    Innothule Mushrooms - Innothule Swamp
    Swamp Vegetables - Innothule Swamp
    Silver Ring - Blackburrow
    Shield - Docks of Erudin (-600, -725)
    Sword - Mines of Kaladim (water edge)
    Ribcage - on the ground near the fountain in Mistmore where the Cloaked Dhampyre occasionally chills
    Skull - Minotaur Cave (Steamfont) where Meldrath chills
    Backbone - Unrest (Pit Area near Dwarf ghost)
    Jawbone - Everfrost Ice Cave (+4525, -5238)
    Finger - Kedge - Phin's room, on a rock next to the wall (-147, +145, -251)
    Deep Soil - The Hole

Nice. Yeah, some of the held items too specific for a certain drop and weren't named generically. It is good that we can update them once and it will apply to all.

What file/lookup table do these need added to?

EDIT: Sent you a list of ones I collected. Unfortunately, many of the old world ground spawns are the generic bag.
    Last edited by xerxes; 05-04-2023 at 11:19 AM.

Administrator

Thanks for that. They've been added.

The tables are in the headers that start with "weapons". So, weapons.h, weapons1.h, weapons 27.h, etc. The first 2 hexits of the U-code tell you which file (U00 is weapons.h, U27 is weapons27.h, etc.), then the last two hexits are used to do the lookup within that file. If there isn't a file for the first part of the U-code, then we have to create a file for that prefix and change the spawn-related code to include it when it does the lookups.

For anyone else following along, feel free to submit IDs/names for drops, and we'll get them added so they show up correctly in the spawn list and on the map.

Awesome, thank you.

I've brought it up before (moving op codes), but it would be nice if some of these things had their values pulled out to configuration files. These seem like excellent candidates. People could share a file, or make live edits, and have an option in the app to reload the values, much like filters.
    Last edited by xerxes; 05-04-2023 at 05:20 PM.

Thread Information