Thread: Mac M1 architecture problem or Qt5 problem?

Threaded View

Mac M1 architecture problem or Qt5 problem?

I've got showeq running in an Ubuntu 20.04 VM using Parallels on an Apple M1 Max machine. I can only find Qt5 support, so that is what I've compiled with. Showeq runs pretty much and is useful, but there's an annoying problem.

It doesn't show my character in Spawn List 2. It draws an empty circle where my character zones into the zone. If I hover over that, it will show info about my character. But, it does not track my character's movements. It will show my pet. It will show my familiar. Those move to wherever I am in zone. It just never moves the empty circle nor track my character.

It doesn't do "Select on Target".

It does do "Select on consider". If I consider another PC or an NPC, it will draw a line from wherever my character entered the zone to the selected character. So, it seems to know a little bit about my character.

Weirder: If I consider myself, it will draw the circle with direction indicator on the map at the place I spawned in the zone. It will add my character to spawn list 2. But it still doesn't track my character's movements.

If figure this is either an incompatibility with the Apple Arm architecture or Qt5 support. I would hope the latter.

Any idea on what/where the problem is? Is there anything I can do to help isolate the problem? I've not really looked at your code base, so I wouldn't know where to start with debugging.
    Last edited by magicgnome; 05-21-2023 at 01:35 AM.

Thread Information