Thread: Make error

Angry Make error

Been updating all the libraries as I see then recommended on these forums.. I have 3.0.3 GCC installed and pathed, have 2.3.2 QT installed and pathed..

from /home/root/showeq (download source) I run the following
    ./configure (no errors)
    make

and I get the following error and exit from the make command

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/root/showeq/src`
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/root/showeq`
    make: ***[all-recursive-am] Error 2

I checked the existence of the file /usr/bin/ld and it is there and reports the following info

ld -v
    GNU ld version 2.10.91 (with BFD 2.10.91.0.2)

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated..

Looks like you dont have the new libqt-mt in your path... make sure you have either changed your symlinks, moved the libraries, or modified your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Ok, I re-ran the QT 2.3.2 compile and sure enough it had blown out on the compile of MT.. I am searching for the newer libraries now to retry this compile..

Does anyone know if the 17.5 mb download of GCC is a complete install or if you need to download all the individual files.. I noticed that all the individual files add up to the same 17.5mb of data as what appears to be the complete bundle?

ARG!

Please can someone elaborate on this more... having same exact problem but i really dont want to make the qt again as that took 8 hours. I have followed nearly all the pathing changes and such and am stuck... so close yet so far.

in my case, the lib-mt.so.2 error was happening during the running of seq 4. it turns out that qt compiles and puts the file into /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/lib but seq was looking for it in /usr/lib. it was baring on the gray line error that was mentioned. i used ldd showeq to find where it was looking for the library, removed the currenty symlink and re-created it pointing to the location of the right libqt-mt.so.2

i don't know if this will help any though. i had no real issues compiling qt, other than getting it to use gcc3!

make SURE you have changed the file /qt-2.3.2/configs/linux-g++-shared. anything that says "gcc" should be changed to "gcc3" or "gcc-3.0.1" (first is for redhat 7.2, second for mandrake 8.1) and that anything that says "g++" should be changed to "g++3" or "g++-3.0.1" (again, first is redhat 7.2, second for mandrake 8.1).

when I was compiling QT-2.3.2, it was baring and i couldn't figure out why. finally, i realized that all the "g++ <lots of shit here>" lines looked to be using g++ and not g++3! it pissed me off, cause i had done "export CC=gcc3" and "export CXX=g++3". well, after some tomfoolery, the #showeq guys pointed me to that configs file :)

hope that fix0rs your problem :)

Thread Information