Hello there.

I have SEQ working at my desktop PC at the office using VMWare thanks to the (excellent work!) Howto RH 7.2.

But at my home I have an ARESCOM NetDSL 1000 IP ADSL Router that is straight connected to my PC. I was using it as a plain ADSL modem, using PPPoE with dynamic IP. After reading all the threads about this I forced my provider to change it to static addressing so I can use the netDSL as a router.

Right now the router is doing the authentication (ADSL is linked now using PPPoA) and is using DHCP assigned NAT address inside.

Problem is: vmware (bridging mode, DHCP assigned IP working fine) still seems to see the packets as encapsulated. (ping works but shows errors on headers).

I don't have more space at home to put more PCs. I also have my wife laptop there (still connected using W XP Connect Sharing, through another net card at PC). I got an used plain hub that I will connect this night and try to plug the laptop and check it there using vmware.

I am not (by any means) a network expert, and I see many many parameters at the netDSL administrator software (did I say that the ISP gives me the password of the router ). Someone knows if I can change something there so the packets that arrive to my PC are plains TCP/IP ones ? I asked ARESCOM but they weren't too helpful.

Thanks in advance.