Hi,

First of all, this is NOT meant to be an aggressive question. I'm looking for answers, not flames and in that sense I am neither being aggressive or accusatory in return.

Background:

I consider myself to be a reasonable hand at linux / unix. I am responsible for an AIX and Red Hat box at work which run a large erp package on them. I also have my Red Hat box at home which has it's own copy of the erp system plus a few other things which I have managed to install with no real problems (gShield firewall, ISDN auto dialing, iptables, half-life / counter-strike server, samba, SWAT etc etc). I am by no means an expert, but I know enough to keep my own and my work machines running happily and smoothly.

I have spent roughly 22 hours so far over the last few days trying to get showeq running (not including the overnight my sluggish home box needed to digest the qt install). I have spent loads of time searching the boards, read and re-read the FAQ and the INSTALL and INSTALL.newbies guides. I haven't found one decent step-by-step guide to installing and running showeq, at least nothing that is user friendly or complete.

My question is, is this deliberate? I read the part of the FAQ about the windows version and why there isn't one. If I managed to get past my current (and hopefully last - installing a key sniffer) problem, would there be any interest in a document that describes in simple laguage the full steps from downloading to fully up and running showeq?

I'm not trying to cast aspertions, and I am fully aware that there are many thousand users out there with far greater skills than mine who have managed to get this system running easily with the current level of support. This board is also very good - my one unresolvable question on qt I had was answered quickly and correctly. My point is that if such a piece of documentation was written, you would hopefully stop getting the repeated noddy questions on the board that I wanted to ask but was just about smart enough to use the search feature for first...

So is it worth me writing an in-depth, easy to follow install guide?

Joe.