I added code to pick up the alt exp packets (opcode 0x2322) and have been watching my exp gains (in increments of x out of 330). Duoing and killing the same mobs for 100s of times, my exp would look something like 2, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2 (the one from the occasional light blue). I then switched to only being 80% alt exp and 20% level exp. My alt exp started looking like 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 2 while my level exp looked like this 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0.

To me this looks like one of two things..instead of keeping track of the rounded down portions, they are simply discarded and lost, or the 80/20 split is not working as you would expect, with far more than 20% being routed from alt exp to level exp.

If it is the second case, with just a different ratio than expected, then no biggie once it is known. If however it is the first case, and any uneven exp is being discarded, then this would also greatly affect group split scenarios in a negative fashion. Come to think of it, this would also explain why people have been saying that solo alt exp is much better than grouped alt exp.

Anyway someone please confirm this independently if possible.