Announcing the release of ShowEQ version 5.2.1. This version is compatible with EQ Live as of 10/27. Other than live compatibility, this release contains no bugfixes or new features. The release is purely to maintain compatibility with live servers as of the 10/27 patch. I haven't really tested this much, but it seemed ok at 2am when I really needed to get to bed...

KNOWN ISSUES:
- Not all opcodes are remapped after the patch, but 99% of them are. Thanks to ieatacid for help with opcodes.
- The gm flag in spawnStruct hasn't been refound again, so people may randomly show up flagged as *GM* in your spawn list. If you prefer to be an optimist, maybe I randomly picked the correct byte from the 385 byte struct. If you prefer to be a realist, I probably didn't.

Really other than the random GM flagging, I don't expect anything that was working before to stop working. Actually, a lot more opcodes are correct now than were prepatch, as I hadn't really been keeping them up except the important ones since they changed back during the summer.

Changelog:
purple (10/27/05)
-------------------
+ Updated version to 5.2.1.0
+ Fixed all opcodes for patch on 10/27 (thanks ieatacid for help)
+ Redid spawnStruct for patch, added showhelm flag
+ Added 8 bytes to the end of charProfileStruct, including showhelm flag
Fetch the new release from the files section on sourceforge, or if you prefer to live on the edge and do anoncvs, I'd imagine sourceforge will be updated by tomorrow afternoon sometime, depending on the temperature and the price of tea in china.

To install:
$ tar xjvf showeq-5.2.1.0.tar.bz2
$ cd showeq-5.2.1.0
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install
If you have problems with ./configure, try:
$ LIBC=gnu ./configure
If you use packages for your specific distribution maintained by someone who isn't me, I'm imagine they will be along shortly so please be patient.