Thread: Screen updates fine, but UI very laggy

Threaded View

Question Screen updates fine, but UI very laggy

First off, I would like to say that I'm very impressed with SEQ. Kudos to those that have made it happen.

I am having one annoying problem, however. I'm not a Linux person, so it may be something simple. Here goes...

Quite often I find SEQ in a state where the screen is updating fine. I can watch myself move, along with all the mobs around me, very much in real time. But when I try to do anything on the user interface, there is a HUGE delay. Doesn't matter what I try to do. Could be click a menu, scroll the contents of the spawn window, or just hover my mouse over something on the screen. It is all delayed.

For example, when in this state, if I click on a menu item it will be up to 10 seconds before the menu drops down! Needless to say, this delay makes SEQ quite unusable.

I have found that if I zone a few times, the problem will often clear itself up eventually. Once cleared up, it seems fine, and everything is very responsive. Once it clears up I finally get to experience the power of this wonderful program! Which makes it extra frustrating the next time I start it up and find myself back in the lagged state.

The machine I run SEQ on is pretty high-end. 2.0 GHz P4 with 1 GByte of RAM. And Linux/SEQ is the *only* thing running on it.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

Thanks!
    Last edited by MagicMan; 05-04-2002 at 03:42 PM.

Thread Information