Since the switch to xml config files, I have noticed that the "Fast Machine" toggle does not save when you set it in the GUI. The default is off, and after switching it to on, saving preferences, and exiting, it is back to off after I launch seq again. Changing the value to 1 in the .xml file did change it.

I have also noticed that the individual columns in the Skill, Stats, and Spawn List windows default to on, but when you try to toggle them off, the menu item gets a check mark next to it and the column stays visisble. Toggling it again turns it off. Should the options have the check mark by default since they are all on?

Finally, I'm sure you guys know this, but the "View -> Channel Messages" toggle doesn't save either. Setting the variable to 0 in the .xml file doesn't turn it off by default. I assume this is because channels are a message box defined separately in the config file. I deleted the appropriate section from my config and now the window does not open. This has actually been the case since a few CVS commits ago, but before the xml change, I could edit the toggle in the .config file and that would work.

I'm getting used to the xml system slowly. I've checked out a few editors and am figuring things out. Overall I like the new config system, especially with the mostly-GUI interface to it.

Great work on the newest version guys. I hope my observations help.