Well, I know everyone has said time and time again that showeq is safe. But I just wanted to add my experiance to the pile.

I was in South Karana a while back and someone had gotton bugged and couldn't log back in. Their friend petitioned and a Guid showed up. Well, the guide brought another guide because he was a guide in training. They couldn't fix it so they brought a GM. The GM tried a few things and then called a "higher level" GM or something.

Mean while I was running around killing every mob in the zone to try and get Quillmane to pop. I decided that even if it did pop I couldn't run strait to it anyway for fear of the GMs so I decided to check out the GMs.

I ran over and chit chatted with them for an hour or so untill they got the problem fixed.

The moral of the story is: I was standing 5 feet away from 2 GMs and 2 Guides for over an hour and they had no clue that I was using ShowEq. I later realized that I had run strait to the GMs (I only knew their loc because of SEQ) and that didnt even tip em' off!

To tell you the truth, the program doesnt give you the huge advantage that people think it does. It just removes some of the more anoying parts of everquest. (getting lost, losing your body, runing right into a level 60 mob... etc.)