Thread: 9/4 packet structure patch uploaded

9/4 packet structure patch uploaded

I updated the everquest.h file with the new packet structure from the 9/4 through 9/5 patches.
    File in the patch area

Give the man a "Developer" tag!

Hehe, thanks three-p-o.

actually all it really did was got rid od most of them like the player item ones when you zone. IU'll have to work on it some more later

Thank you three-p-o. I will review the patch add get it into cvs asap.

I appreciate your contribution to the project.

Fee

K.. I'm actually going to further work on this tomorrow. maybe get the groups working again if I can. looks like I goofed on the size of the zonechangestruct. will work on that too.

Update:

worked on it some more. Uploaded a new patch.

Details of changes:

newzonestruct changed from 454 to 574 octets
    zonechangestruct changed from 74 to 78 octets
    generic itemstruct changed from 358 to 362 octets
    itembookstruct changed from actually I forget but it was increased by 12 octets
    charprofilestruct changed from 8246 to 8454 octets
    groupinfostruct changed from 454 to 138 octets
    Still needs more work in order to fix the "Member: playername - playername" in stdout to display names if still possible
    Last edited by three-p-o; 09-06-2002 at 02:01 AM.

Well the patch I sent in has been closed by ratt without an explanation as of why.
    Guess it apparently was not what someone was looking for.

Any chance I could get an explanation so I can learn from my mistakes?

Well the patch I sent in has been closed by ratt without an explanation as of why.
    Usually that means he's taken it and included it in the CVS for download and a new CVS commit will be posted soon =P
    Before asking anything read the pre-face section of http://www.smoothwall.org/download/p....9/doc.faq.pdf

after you've read it, you know what to do next...

"Stay alert! Trust noone! Keep your Lazers Handy! Have a nice day." -- Provided courtesy of the Computer. The Computer never lies.

Oh =)

Thats cool. I was actually finding a few more changes thou. Located a few more structure changes that I have not gotten around to yet. Maybe he found them thou =p

I gave it an accepted reason for closure. I applied it to the CVS already. I don't tend to make a post about my patches because they are usually so small, no sense in getting people excited.

I was pawing through the experience stuff this weekend mostly, so I really wasn't up to doing much else between that and raiding.

Have you been able to find the new location for AA experience sent on zoning?

Unfortunatly no I have not.
    And unless I can figure out how to look at the packets I might not be able to.
    In looking at the everquest.h fil thou I do see that the group member names come right before aaxp in the player structure so considering that groups are currently not working either they might effect this as well.

Considering they added 208 octets to the playerstruct as well they could have moved them anywhere they would fit.

Off to do some research and see if I can look at the packet as seq sees it.

Edit: Stupid me its under network lol
    Last edited by three-p-o; 09-09-2002 at 12:30 PM.

Either I'm doing it wrong or the opcode monitor is not spliting up the packets like its supposed to.

Each time it pulls opcod 3620 (playerprofilecode) it only displays 1291 or 1284 octets into the log file I specify.

Unless someone can tell me how to get a full listing of the player structure packet I'm dead in the water on this one.

Is it outputting the pre, or post decryption packet? Packets are zlib'ed during encryption and decompressed at decryption (a common method of foiling a plain text attack), so they may appear significantly smaller. Not sure if this is the case (i'd have to take a look at the code), but just a thought...

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

I'm not entirely sure how to answer that question as some other opcodes I had it output were decoded. Or atleast I'm making that assumption cause the I was seeing item names and my first and last character names listed in other locations.

If you are seeing readable names, then the packets are already decoded... no idea why they arent dumping in their entirety then..

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Thread Information