Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CVS Commit Nov 11, 2002 ShowEQ 4.3.3 EQDecode sanity, new libEQ and other updates

Stop putting replies in the announcement threads you morons.

Stop putting replies in the announcement threads you morons.
    Yeah.. dont you hate it when people put totally useless replies that call people names? especially in the announcements forum? oh.. wait...

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

"they didnt waste development resources on the encryption, they just rotated keys"

Oh how nice, adding asymetric and encryption and compression just programs itself into your app nowadays.. can you tell me how to do this? I'd like to add this to all my apps now since I don't have to do any work

I'd have guessed one developer*month at LEAST to put this into the EQ client... but it just does it itself.. well that's great! Can't wait to hear how this works.

Who knew?

dn

I'd have guessed one developer*month at LEAST to put this into the EQ client
    Umm.. only if that was the worst developer in the country... The encryption scheme didnt change, the cypher only barely changed, they extended the SAME scheme from 32 bit to 64 bit, and added compression to one packet (they were already compressing a few others). I would guess this is more like 1, maybe 2 man days.

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Dear God! Will someone PLEASE Lock this thread?

Jeeves,

You thinking of the same live team that I am?

Patrik said in irc (quote on) it took me half an hour (qoute off)
    -- Lord Crush

Greater Faydark has to be cleaned from all Elves !

This is a HOTKEY !!!

I would like to point out that the 20-30 minute change you are talking about was adding ZLIB compression and changing a few constants(#define's are what he said, nevertheless they are constant in the cipher). This was /after/ the change to 64 bit blocks/keys (in which they did not really change the algorithm, just the key/block size) which probably did take more time. Yet, one developer could -easily- do this in a week. They did not really have to go out of their way at all to max these changes, but they had a profound effect.

Thread Information