Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: RedHat 7.2 users (and possibly 7.1 if you can find the correct RPMS).

I installed RH 7.2 today clean, followed the guide to the letter and came up with a string of errors on make install for SEQ. All of the errors are on /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qstring.h (and some others) with error text: Undefined reference to `QString::------`

e.g.,

Code:
    Some snippits These are not in any order

/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:651: undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
    /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:651: undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
    gdbmconv.o: In function `GDBMConvenience::Close(QString)':
    /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:650: undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
    /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:652: undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'

/usr/include/g++-v3/bits/stl_map.h:57: undefined reference to `QObject::connectNotify(char const*)'
    /usr/include/g++-v3/bits/stl_map.h:57: undefined reference to `QObject::disconnectNotify(char const*)'
    /usr/include/g++-v3/bits/stl_map.h:57: undefined reference to `QObject::checkConnectArgs(char const*, QObject const*, char const*)'
    interface.o: In function `EQInterface::EQInterface(QWidget*, char const*)':
    /root/seq/showeq/src/interface.cpp:66: undefined reference to `QMainWindow::QMainWindow(QWidget*, char const*, unsigned)'
    /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qlist.h:49: undefined reference to `QGList::QGList()'

/opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:652: undefined reference to `QStringData::deleteSelf()'
    /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:650: undefined reference to `QString::shared_null'
    gdbmconv.o: In function `GDBMConvenience::GetEntry(QString, Datum&, Datum&)':
    /root/seq/showeq/src/gdbmconv.cpp:175: undefined reference to `QString::QString(char const*)'
    /root/seq/showeq/src/gdbmconv.cpp:175: undefined reference to `QString::operator+=(QString const&)'
    gdbmconv.o: In function `GDBMConvenience::GetEntry(QString, Datum&, Datum&)':
    /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/qstring.h:511: undefined reference to `QString::latin1() const'
    Any ideas what the problem could be?
    Last edited by a_corpse00; 01-20-2002 at 11:11 PM.
    My sig. It is a clever sig.

First guess is that you don't have g++3 installed.

Originally posted by Yendor
    First guess is that you don't have g++3 installed.
    Code:
    [root@LBJ showeq]# g++3 -v
    Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.0.2/specs
    Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking --host=i386-redhat-linux
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 3.0.2 20010905 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 3.0.1-3)
    Doesn't appear to be that... :\

second guess is to do a cvs update to make sure everything is up to date, and do "make -f Makefile.dist", re-run configure, and recompile everything. Looks like what you have should work. Are you sure that version of qt was built with g++3? Errors like that generally indicate a mismatch in compiler versions being used.

I don't think that QT 2.3.2 installed properly because rpm -q qt returns qt-2.3.1-5. Shouldn't it return 2.3.2 (or something with that version)?

Edit: (rpm -q qt-gcc3 returns qt-gcc3-2.3.2-1. rpm -q qt-gcc3-devel returns qt-gcc3-devel-2.3.2-1.)

I did exactly how Zaphod said in this guide.

Code:
    # ./configure --with-qt-validation
    checking for Qt... yes
    >> Found version.:      2.3.2
    >>> Headers......:      /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/include/
    >>>> Libraries...:      /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/lib/
    configure: error: Something wicked happened while trying to validate your Qt installation!!! Please verify your libraries...
    What went wrong? =p
    Last edited by a_corpse00; 01-21-2002 at 11:32 PM.

Linux Noob question

After reading for hours... you guys should have no problem answering my question.

I have followed the instructions to a T but dont seem to have the "make" command. I just installed 7.2 and did an everything install just so I wouldnt have to worry about missing any files. I have went out to Redhat and other sites to try and find the RPM packages this command resides with no luck.

Please help..... for I am stumped at this point

Newbie Linux user........
    Brew

corpse, did you install zaphod's qt rpm? or just the one from the redhat CDs?

do you actually have anything in that /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/lib/
    directory?

Originally posted by Yendor
    corpse, did you install zaphod's qt rpm? or just the one from the redhat CDs?

do you actually have anything in that /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/lib/
    directory?
    Yes. I used Zaphod's RPM.

Code:
    [root@LBJ qt-gcc3-2.3.2]# cd /opt/qt-gcc3-2.3.2/lib
    [root@LBJ lib]# ls
    libqt-mt.so      libqt-mt.so.2.3.2  libqt.so.2.3    libqutil.so.1
    libqt-mt.so.2    libqt.so           libqt.so.2.3.2  libqutil.so.1.0
    libqt-mt.so.2.3  libqt.so.2         libqutil.so     libqutil.so.1.0.0

Quite strange. Well best I can think of is to rebuild everything from "make -f Makefile.dist", configure, etc and see if it resolves itself.

Patch Issues

Zap thanks a ton.

Got to this part with no issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    $ cd /opt
    $ gtar xzvf <download_dir>/qt-x11-2.3.2.tar.gz
    $ gunzip -c <download_dir>/qt-2.3.2-gcc3.patch | patch -p 0

Here it said the file was not in the gzip format

so I switched to the patch posted later in the msg that had the .gz extension

Attachment: qt-2.3.2-gcc3.patch.gz

$ gunzip -c <download_dir>/qt-2.3.2-gcc3.patch | patch -p 0

again and it prompted for what file or directory to patch. I couldn't get it to work so I went on with the rest of the steps and lo and behold got hung up at the showeq make step.

Did I do something wrong? Do i have to re-make qt? (god that takes forever)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MSK
    "Newbie isn't the word"

Unhappy Same problem as MSK

I am getting the same error as MSK
    it says /qt-2.3.2-gcc3.patch: not in gzip format
    LewtWh0re

figured it out

Hey MSK problem was when you save the first file that he has show it doesn't save it as a zip file. So you have to use the attachment file. but when it goes to save the attachment file it saves it as attachemnt.php... change it so it saves it as the file name its suppose to be.

Least thats what i did and mine worked
    LewtWh0re

Thanks

Got it working, thanks.

Now I can run Showeq but i dont see any information.

Im using a 10/100 hub so that may be the problem.

MSK

msk, are you sure you are sniffing the proper IP for your EQ machine?

Also, are you sure you are using a hub and not a switch? A switch will block the packets.

No info

I have an Intel 10/100 autosensing hub. Im pretty sure I'm using the right IP address, just took some looking around in XP, since winipcfg didnt work.

I connected the WinXP box and the Linux box to the 10/100 hub which is connected to my Linksys router/switch

I think the issue is the uplink is 100 and the nic card on my linux box is 10mbit. I'm just gonna by a crappy 10 mbit hub and see if that works.

MSK

Thanks again!

Thread Information