Thread: Mob Spell Buffs

Mob Spell Buffs

To make a long story short, i'm interested in knowing whether or not a mob casts a spell if there are no PCs around...the whole if a tree falls in the forest and there's no-one around to hear it does it in make a noise.

Also, if mobs do cast spells when out of site of PCs, is there a packet that is sent to the client for that spell casting, or is it only sent if/when there's a PC near enough to see it. (And is this packet encrypted or not).

To make a long story long, i'm trying to figure out if it'd be feasable for me to look into writing an addition to SEQ to show the buffs that a mob currently has on itself. I learn code best when trying to add to it..

Anyway, any info someone can post on this would be appreciated...

--Raistlin
    - Raistlin

mobs keep themselves at full buffs, server CPU time permitting

that would be a kick ass add on, DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Just like PC spells, you only "see" them cast if you are in range...

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

yes that is true, but it would be really cool, if show eq showed you the buffs on a mob, well don't get people started, there is a lot of cool things seq should show another example, the loot a mob will drop

Loot is only sent to the client looting it when you loot it. not before.
    Beer

Kinda Figured as Much

Thanks Jeaves,

I kinda figured as much but I wanted to check to see if I could get that confirmed. Oh well, best laid plans of mice and men I guess.

And Kmaszk...um, ouch. Yea, well SEQ USED to do that (show mob drops) but um, it hasn't in a LONG while...which, um, you'd know wasn't possible any more if you'd, well, err, read the board FAQ that EVERY HUMAN HERE should have read before posting...

Had you posted the question "Why doesn't SEQ show mob drops?" Well, lets just say it would be a much uglier reply you'd be getting..

--Raistlin
    - Raistlin

yea i was aware that seq can't do what I posted, I was just stating that if it did now a days, it would be godly!! thats all

Yea, well SEQ USED to do that (show mob drops) but um, it hasn't in a LONG while
    No it didn't. Ever. Period.
    The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary.

I do know thats not how the packets work, but is it 100% not possible and out of the question for seq never to show what mobs drop?

ShowEQ can see the act of YOU looting an item... so, it could build a database of all the items YOU have looted (or atleast seen on the corpse), but that is about it.... not really worth having...

--Jeeves
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

SEQ will tell you what the GRAPHIC is IF the mob is weilding something.

If you are patient and pay attention, you can sometimes figure out what a mob's loot is based on the Light Source also.

But many of the newer mobs in PoP will no longer have a Graphic to see what the mob has untill you inspect the corpse.

For example: XTC in Ssra is holding a "SkullStick" well there is only one item in the loot table that fits so it's a Hategiver, AL is holding a "SkullStick" and its a Bard Weapon.

XXX has a lightsource of 34Ufe, well last time it had that it was a Robe of Uber, so if the Robe of Uber is also a light source when worn, then most likely you will see another robe drop.

Originally posted by kmaszk
    I do know thats not how the packets work, but is it 100% not possible and out of the question for seq never to show what mobs drop?
    *sigh*

Yes, 100% out of the question. Might as well program ShowEQ to send it's data directly into a hologram in your brain instead of displaying it on your screen.

Originally posted by Ratt

No it didn't. Ever. Period.
    My Bad Ratt, I was thinking about the FAQ section that was discussing Faction reports, not mob items...I could have sworn that there was a section in the faq talking about "Hey, why can't I see mob drops anymore." But I guess that was Faction, not drops. Guess loot determination has ALWAYS been done Server Side...

Again, my bad.

--Raistlin
    - Raistlin

Thread Information