Thread: New Offset ?? anyone have it ??

New Offset ?? anyone have it ??

I looked throiugh search but find none that are working. If anyone has info on it let me know. Thanks!

This just in...
    Check the front page...
    --
    It'll all come out in the wash...

- tested and approved by SEQ users world wide!

This just in...

It's wrong again...

There was a hot fix after the 24th that changed it.

I show the current offset is: 0x6b4e18

Jaerin

Jaerin, unless you are using a super-secret sniffer and version of ShowEQ we don't know about, knowing the offset isn't going to help you at all...it's still broken as of 11-Mar-2003. Turn on unknown spawns and enjoy your radar.

Yeah I know...he was asking for the offset. So I answered him.

Jaerin

My apologies, Jaerin. I addressed my post to the wrong person by mistake. I meant to address it to SHOWME.

ok, I've gotten the latest cvs (4.3.6) libEQ.a and this offset and I dont see anything on the seq, not even positional radar and what zone I'm in - what am I missing?

I can't help the conspiracy theory, but I bet the devs got this working already, and some of the helpers no doubt - it just isn't being released for a 'period of time' at the behest of Sony and threats of shutting this down, via an appropriate email to sourceforge, yada yada. There are also seem to be a healthy bit of other coders out there with the scat on the new net header code changes, it just isnt being posted/updated for 'some reason.'

Unlike SEQ code which is 99% bug free. VI and SOE code seems to be full of bugs. Hence patches and patches and yes more patches after a release of an expansion or major update.

I see this as Dev team doing a great job. And yes great work takes time. I'd agree that they probably have a working copy. However every patch most of the time breaks it again and they have to start from square one sometime to get it working again.

So instead of hearing that its broken again I believe they try and put out a top notch bit of programming and make sure it works before giveing it out to the lemming population to use.

Perhaps we gonna see some of those "EBay your working -precompiled- copy of ShowEQ for just $12.99" swirling around on those "powerlevel.com" sites soon?

Hehe.. At least someone would be making a buck out of this..

Ratt said they're working the issue. Give em time and some room to breath. Let's not rag on with the conspiracy therories. ))

This is a new discovery that will make your life easier.

I'm not sure if you guys with the conspiracy theories are following all of the threads here, but the couple of guys who have working versions are not "developers" for ShowEQ. Jeeves and LostInSpace are the only ones who have stated they have anything working (off the top of my head anyway) and both are doing it by reading data from memory, not from reading the datastream and sniffing the session key, which is what ShowEQ is currently set up to do.

A few people, including LostInSpace are working on getting Seq to accept data from such memory readers, but this kind of thing takes quite a bit of time, as a protocol and format need to be established among other things.

Mvern is the guy who has been doing much of the datastream work lately, but I haven't heard anything from him in a while...of course, I haven't been as regular on the irc channel as I was prior to LoY.

All the above is just info gleaned from various other threads on these boards and a bit of observation on my own. I do not support the conspiracy theories going around, especially since most of the "official" developers don't even play the game themselves; it wouldn't exactly do them much good to withold a working copy.

Just felt like babbling for a few minutes,
    -Ded

Thread Information