Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Working SEQ alternative

cant use the name winseq cuz then you would most likely have problems confusing it with wineq.. and you cant really say mseq because you're taking the name from showeq.. and that is obviously not made by the same developers. it's like calling a soda concoction whipped up in your basement laboratory, mypepsi. it has to be unique, yet catchy. nothing corny. bad examples inclue: eqpacket snatcher, woot woot eq, magigrab, dr. eq

possible suggestions (probably still gimp): eq omnicient, eq sage, eq sniff n' list

make a list of accessing IPs, and trace back to Usernames and BAMMO
    Then just download the files from another IP and transfer them to your EQ comp Anyway, there's simple means of avoiding this problem

Linux4e,

This is true if you have two machines, and can download to a second one. If, however, you don't have two machines, and are running the client on the same platform as EQ, then your gonna have problems.

R

Thumbs up

have to agree there resiliant this is a rather nice change of pace to read this thread compared to the rest of the forums.
    lets see how lond this thread can become before the flames start

How bout FEQ?

No UDP it's complete overkill for ths kind of application and the possible packet loss is a bitch. I'm VERY reluctant to have this send any data over the internet at all, there's way too much potential for future abuse by setting a precident like that. Besides pdating just the offsets file isn't exactly rocket science...

The map format issue is odd, all the .txt format maps I have are the ones that are in my everquest\maps dir and all the point data in there are floats. That's why all point data is parsed with (int)float.Parse() rather than int.Parse, so I don't really understand why it wouldn't work, I'll look at it though.

Spell timer, doubt it, I've got no offset or data strcture for this information and no clue what to look for.

I have serious doubts about sony sniffing ANY network traffic outside they're own, even if they change the EULA. Law enforcement agencies typically need search warrants for this kind of thing in north america at least, I really doubt they'd want to get themselves into this kind of situation. Besides that, imagine the PR nightmare that would occur when it was discovered that a large corporation was monitoring your local network traffic... As such I likely also won't implement a valid client's list for the server, it would provide minimal protection anyway.

Yeah Cavemanbob.. I think i have some issues with .NET actually.. I have 3 computers, and the 2 i usually use have that problem.. But not the one i "rarely" use

Setting up .NET 1.1 as i type, and i will try again.. Or i will have to figure out what is the difference with them 2 machines i dont get this working at, and the 1 that works..
    Sorry for the disturbance there CB.. Keep up the good work!!

Using 1.7 client and 1.4 server. The two see one another but I get no mob data. Offsets are those published last in this thread. Did VI change something again?

Win2kpro with latest .Net framework.

Congratz on CMB for a job well done.

It's so nice to have skittles once again dancing across my screen. As a matter of fact, I think the location updates are faster and more accurate then SEQ was just before it was broken.

Good job, and many thanks.

Just one small favor, any chance you can add in groundspawns to show up on the map?

Oops my bad. Had server running on local pc too. no eq client.

That's what I forgot to mention hehe, I'm looking at adding groundspawns. The code is already mostly in, just need to know where they're stored.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put in this CMB. This is truely a great program!

Edit: Fixed my own problem
    Last edited by syc; 04-15-2003 at 01:32 PM.

Hmm.. Still got the same weird problem loading those .TXT maps..

Running WinXP with 1.1 .NET version from windowsupdate. Same setup on 3 machines, only 1 of them manage to use the .TXT maps.. The others get a error message reading :
    "Input string was not in a correct format".

Even tried compiling it on the "non working" computer, but alas.. no go.. Strange.. Can it be some .NET control panel setting stuff? I cant figure it out tho..

Originally posted by cavemanbob
    I'm looking at adding groundspawns. The code is already mostly in, just need to know where they're stored.
    Holeemolee CMB... you are adding features at lightspeed.. and i for one much appreciate it.

Are you maintaining a features "wish list" ? Groundspawns would have been high on my list... followed by...

1. Spawn points (the little grey/yellow/red + signs that indicated a static spawn was about to pop

2. Spell Timers (maybe put spell data in separate window that can be min/max'd as needed)

3. put the pink square around Player Chars so you can differentiate between the good guys and bad guys (sorta)

4. Velocity Lines (as a selectable option?)

5. as an addon to #3 maybe a optional way indicate if a PC is a group, raid or guildmate. (maybe a check box in options to enable/disable)

App is sweet! Thanks again for the awesome work:

1. Maybe. I'll think about this one.

2. Doubt it, see my post above.

3. Easy.

4. I need the Speed out of the spawn structure again, which I don't have atm, but otherwise easy to do.

5. I have no idea if this is even possible, is this data even sent to the client outside of the individual raid or group?

Thread Information