Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quillmane theory?

I killed every lion last night for over an hour.. Tons of named stuff was poping (coincidental?) but no Quillmane.. I will keep to it and see whats up... On my server there is generally nobody in SK so if it is lions i will figure it out..

Talking LION THEORY

Lion theory is being tested now. I found out that when you kill lions, Escape and bulls pop. I have popped Grizzy 6 times now! No quillmane but. Need to do more testing. I found that you should not kill escape or bull first. Kill the lions and have all of the escape and bull spawn then hunt them.
    Escape kill first spawn timed 20 minutes after the last one was killed...(testing)
    Bull spawn timed is random ?!?!? testing
    but when kill lions spawn after spawn of both. I had 4 Bulls and 7 Escape at one time. Also spawn after spawn Cyclops and undead. Well also try the lawn cleaning area!!
    Man people just think about this. If we find the spawn time/pop of Quillmane....MONEY. For me a lonely Mage the cloak is better then money. But for others hehe

By the way Thanks VI for the increase in the rate of the hate Staff can you work on this one...PLEASE

With my luck, I'll kill nothing but lions, a GM will show up and "ha! I read SEQ boards too! You're outta here!"

Originally posted by lostpacket
    With my luck, I'll kill nothing but lions, a GM will show up and "ha! I read SEQ boards too! You're outta here!"
    /chuckle

Just because you read these boards dosn't mean you use SEQ..

Anyhow you will notice the GM in the zone and act accordingly.

I still hold steadfast to my belief that quillmain is linked to the AC, Shissar, all VP key quest spawns, lodizal, stormfeather, and Zorak Ragefire in some wierd EQ spawn love triangle.

(Honestly, I think the only way to figure it out for sure is to log every spawn point and kill each spawn continiously for a signifigantly long time, recording spawns that spawn within 1 sec of a minute incriment after a spawn from that spawnpoint died.

Doing this for each spawn should yield a relatively good understanding of the zone. other than that, it's basically going to be speculation till the vin diagram only has one common attribute in the center.

Lightbulb 3 times in a row

I killed Quillmane 3 times in a row one time. I would kill Quillmane and he re-spawned within a minute each time. (this was well over 6 months ago and was the last time that I attempted to find Quillmane). I got the pants all 3 times, no cloak. My experience leads me to believe that there is a single PH for this guy.
    There is nothing to see here, please move along.

fuck it, im just going to train the entire zone and unleash jyll's over and over... would be funny to see like 4 spawns up in SK.. muahaha, get an enchanter to lock them down while I go get more. /own

Lion Theory

After 4 days of camping by just clearing an area...I tried killing lions. I killed assloads of lions, and many escaped gnolls popped. Also, Sentry A, the named shammy gnoll, undead cyclopses and bull elephants popped. After killing all of those for a few cycles, quill popped 2x in 5 minutes. Grats me on cloak.

So

lions ---> semi-rares --> Quill

Where semi-rares are escaped gnolls, Sentry A, named gnoll shammies, bull elephants.

It would be interesting to see how quickly others can pop Quill with this technique.

YAN
    (Yet Another Newbie)

The only problem with these theories is that they can't be tested unless you (or your group) are the ONLY ones hunting in SK. If there are 50 people there killing things then you can't be sure that what you killed was the reason for the Rare pop (like Quillmane).

This is because there is a time lag between you killing something and the Rare popping. So unless they share the same spawn point then you can't guarantee that you have it figured out.

Talking HERE IT IS GOT IT

1. KILL THE LIONS
    2. KILL THE BULL
    3. KILL THE NAMES GNOLLS!!!!

TO COUNT 47 QUILLMANE. THERE IS A TIMERS ON HIM. AFTER FIRST POP 5-15 MINUTES FIRST ONE LUCKY ON THAT!!!!

IF YOU CHECK THE TIMER ON BULL ..KILL THEM FIRST TIMER IS RANDOM. CHECK THE NAME(ESCAPE) GNOLLS RANDOM AGAIN.
    WHICH THEM POP AFTER KILLING LIONS!!!

I HAVE KILLED ALL NAMES IN THE ZONE. GOING TO TEST SOME MORE. HAVE 2ND CHAR. IN THE ZONE FOR THE CLOAK ONLY IF THERE ARE NO LVL 46 MAGE AROUND FOR A PICKUP!!! I GOT THE CLOAK ON THE SECOND POP OF QUILLMANE ABOUT 7 MINUTES FROM KILLING THE FIRST ONE....HEHE

GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY HUNTING...

Try not to shout next time loki.

There is a semi rare gnoll spawn, it is called A SPLITPAW GNOLL....(no escaped) it is the key to Quills spawn. I have kill him as many as 12 times before quill pops BUT quill HAS popped 7 times for me in 10 tries over the last 7-8 months. I have made nearly 40,000 pp selling looting rights to 4 cloaks....

you could easily get 40,000 for ONE Cloak..

Hey Sneaky...

Hey Sneaky, I am trying to translate your post, lemme know if I got it right and if you could, answer My questions

1) You have deduced that "A SPLITPAW GNOLL" is the PH for Quillmane.
    2) Quill has popped 7 out of 10 tries using the A SPLITPAW GNOLL theory?
    My question on your post:
    You have killed Quillmane 12 times?
    Or you have killed A SPLITPAW GNOLL 12 times?
    ------ snippet------
    I have kill him as many as 12 times before quill pops BUT quill HAS popped 7 times for me in 10 tries over the last 7-8 months.
    -------end snippet-------

Laterz,
    Just A Nut

Thread Information