Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New XP fomular, confirmed for 50+ blue

Also hunted Revs and confirming they are ALL 55 and do not summon.

Well, hunting level 56 and 57 mobs in PoN, I've been getting the AAXP that the formula would indicate, so either there's something wierd going on in the Grey, or (more likely) I screwed up when keeping track of my XP off the Sun Revs. Next time I get to the Grey and hunt them, I will track my XP (manually, no SEQ here) and report back.

Thanks for the help!

SR

Your post was...

I noticed that his original information was VERY VERY accurate for me. Every instance where I checked it, I got numbers I expected. The ONLY exception for me was for mobs MORE than 5 levels above me and/or while grouped with people who were all higher level than the mobs, but the mobs were within 5 levels below them. In this case, I get normal exp (100 % instead of 195 % and up from the mob level formula).

As a summary for me:

AA is 100 percent of EXP not 80 % as you said (the original poster used their EXP/AA setting at 80 % to determine the differences from normal to AA exp.)

Raid EXP is 60 % percent of EXP *AND* no group bonuses.

The increased EXP multiplier ranges from below your level by 5 to above your level by 5 (or only 10 levels of uber exp.)

Well, I have found that AAXP IS nerfed by 20%.

I.E. if you figure out how much XP a mob should give, then multiply by .8, that is how much AAXP you get. And, yes, I have AA set to 100%.

SR

If it is helpful, i will also confirm that Sun Revs always spawn level 55.

Changed

This troubles me, as I had verified that this formula worked for at least 9 different calculations I measured before raw AA exp values were removed from the charprofile and replaced with 0 to 330 values.

The concept of them (after that point) nerfing AA by 20percent is troublesome.

Can you recalculate the exp given?

There is a way to detemine exactly how much exp is given. This involves using one of the well know (I will not name them by name) exp quests that give LOW amounts of exp, many many times when you are close to AA ding. Then killing a mob until close to AA ding again (same mob, same level, same zone), then doing the quest until second AA ding. With the KNOWN value of the quest EXP (old world quest), you can solve for AA per kill in numerical (0-15mil) and then verify the 80 vs 100 percent.

I will do so when I have free time again, I hope this week.

Question regarding the XP bonus and splitting XP

I have used the formulas posted in this thread for my main, and it always seems to work perfectly. However, I've recently started to level up some of my alts, and the XP I'm getting is way less than I'm expecting. I'm not sure if the "bonus XP" is where the discrepancy occurs, or if it's the way XP is divided between group members.

I had my main (62 WE druid) group with my 51 Erudite enchanter. In PoN, we we're killing gargoyles (all level 57), and the XP the chanter was getting only made sense if she wasn't getting any bonus XP. So I thought maybe you don't get any bonus XP if the mob is more than 5 levels above you, so I dragged her to the Grey, and killed Sun Revs (all level 55), and she still got XP as if there were no bonus XP.

In the one case, my main did appear to be getting bonus XP, as expected. In the other case, no bonus XP would be earned since the mobs were more than 5 levels below.

One assumption I had been making was that XP was divided for group members A and B as A/(A+B) and B/(A+B). Is this not correct?

So what's the deal, does anyone have any idea?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

copying and pasting your php into a dedicated page on my webserver, I get a division by zero error on line 479, which corresponds to:

$partym=(int)($party[0]+5)/($partytotal+5*$partynum)*$partybonus[$partynum];

Any ideas?

Re: Question regarding the XP bonus and splitting XP

Originally posted by speedracer
    I had my main (62 WE druid) group with my 51 Erudite enchanter. In PoN, we we're killing gargoyles (all level 57), and the XP the chanter was getting only made sense if she wasn't getting any bonus XP. So I thought maybe you don't get any bonus XP if the mob is more than 5 levels above you, so I dragged her to the Grey, and killed Sun Revs (all level 55), and she still got XP as if there were no bonus XP.
    Check my post about 6 up from your last post.

Since sometimes I don't state things very clear (and didn't then) I will restate:

Cases where you don't get bonus:

1) group with a group where the average level is greater than 5 levels above you.
    2) killing mobs greater than 5 levels above you.
    3) killing mobs greater than 5 levels below you.

This really only harms power leveling with a low level player in a high level zone.

There also seems to be a few other odd cases and I suspect this is one:
    1) group with someone >5 level above you and they do all or most of the damage.
    2) group where the average is less than 5 levels above you but the highest member is more than 5 above you.

In short, I havent found any way to kill with a higher level and get bonus on the lower EXCEPT killing ungrouped with the lower level and use higher levels for healing, buffing, nuke down from 20% etc.
    Last edited by fester; 10-06-2003 at 10:27 AM.

additional restrictions for bonus exp?

Do Fester's rules (within 5 of avg group lvl or higher) apply to the group bonus as well as the level bonus? Does the level bonus apply when the player is below level 51/50? When the mob is below level 51/50?

From my testing the group bonus (20 % for 2 to %80 percent for 5) does apply. The bonus exp based off level did not.

Level bonus does apply for at least a level 40 to 44 character range killing mobs between level 35 and 50 (they were the only sub 51 level players I have measured.)

All my testing (using raw numbers) was done before the removal of the raw values. All testing since then involved the tick (1/330) calculations and dealing with a 40k exp margin of error. I would kill multiple mobs (of same level) to get a more accurate scale.
    Last edited by fester; 10-06-2003 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks, Fester!

Thank you for your quick and detailed reply!

Originally posted by speedracer
    From my post:

"However, I killed 24 of these mobs, and got exactly 48% AA, and it was exactly 2% for each one killed. So the level_modifier formula appears to be off. It also means they were all at least 55, since I get no level bonus for level 54 mobs."

So that's not the answer, either. If any of them had been 54 (or less), I would have gotten much less than 2% for the kill (I'm 60, so I only get bonus XP for 55+), level 54 mobs give me about 1,16% AA.

When I said earlier that I got exactly 2% AA for each kill, I mean the AAXP display in my EQ GUI showed 2% gains each time. You could make the argument that I was occasionally getting a sub-55 mob, giving less than 2% AAXP, mixed in with other, 55+ mobs giving the expected 2.36% AAXP, and it worked out just right so that I always saw a 2% AAXP gain. The odds of that? Well, pretty darn remote =)

That, and all the info on the net for these mobs states that they're always level 55 =)

SR

PS - Oh yeah, if I didn't state it before, I have XP set to 100% AA
    Wasn't exp in the grey nerfed a while back? As I recall, the ZEM was 85 (like a dungeon) and then got nerfed down, although I don't know the new value.

Did the formula work for you in other places?

Re: Re: Question regarding the XP bonus and splitting XP

Originally posted by fester
    Check my post about 6 up from your last post.

Since sometimes I don't state things very clear (and didn't then) I will restate:

Cases where you don't get bonus:

1) group with a group where the average level is greater than 5 levels above you.
    2) killing mobs greater than 5 levels above you.
    3) killing mobs greater than 5 levels below you.

This really only harms power leveling with a low level player in a high level zone.

There also seems to be a few other odd cases and I suspect this is one:
    1) group with someone >5 level above you and they do all or most of the damage.
    2) group where the average is less than 5 levels above you but the highest member is more than 5 above you.

In short, I havent found any way to kill with a higher level and get bonus on the lower EXCEPT killing ungrouped with the lower level and use higher levels for healing, buffing, nuke down from 20% etc.
    OK, still in search of an answer on this issue. Any help or insight is appreciated:

Chanter is now 52, Warrior is 51, Druid is still 62. Grouped together at WW (level 51-53) in PoN, chanter and warrior get no bonus XP, whether they help with the kill or not.

Same levels, Druid is ungrouped (so it's just chanter and warrior). Killing PoN yard trash (WW was camped, mobs still 51-53). Druid cast the following spells the whole fight: 1 snare, 2 roots, 1 DS, 5 heals. Druid did no damage at all. Chanter and warrior STILL got no bonus XP. What's the deal?

Thanks!

How are you checking the amount of EXP each character is getting?
    Actual numeric EXP is only sent when you zone. The rest of the time the server just sends you updates when the client needs to update the xp bar display (every 1/330th of the level). So the only way to see how much numeric exp you gained is to zone, record number, kill mob, zone out, record new number, take difference.

Do you have some exp going to AA? I believe that AA takes from the prebonus EXP and then the rest (what went to level) is given the bonus.

Thread Information