Thread: showeq.xml Question

Hybrid View

Administrator

Re: showeq.xml Question

Finally got around to investigating this issue. As best I can tell, changing Interface|Terminal|MessageTypeFilter settings and then Saving Preferences does not change the uint64 value in showeq.xml. I tried all unclicked, all clicked, only guild clicked, and then random channels clicked while Saving Preferences each time and checking the showeq.xml file and the uint64 value never changed. Also, if a channel doesn't have a numeric value in message.h will that create a problem when setting the bitmask value in .xml? Sorry more questions than answers at this point.

Administrator

Re: showeq.xml Question

Thanks for doing further testing. I had kind of forgotten about this, so thanks for bringing it back up. I'll dig into it as soon as I'm done with the thing I'm currently working on.

The type not having a numeric value is fine. The way enums work in C and C++ is that if they have a number assigned, that's their number, but if they don't then it increments by 1 for each item.

There are holes in the sequence (no 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13) so the early items have to have the numbers specified in order to skip the holes, but after that, they increment normally without specifying anything. So MT_Debug is 16, MT_Info is 17, etc.

Code:
    enum MessageType
    {
      MT_Guild = 0, 
      MT_Group = 2,
      MT_Shout = 3,
      MT_Auction = 4,
      MT_OOC = 5,
      MT_Tell = 7,
      MT_Say = 8,
      MT_GMSay = 11,
      MT_GMTell = 14,