Thread: GroupMemberStruct wrong size

Developer

GroupMemberStruct wrong size

I get these when deleting group members. This does not seem to cause a crash or anything, but the garbage chars comming up on the console can't be good.

Code:
    WARNING: GroupInfoCode (2640) (dataLen:454 != sizeof(groupMemberStruct):230)!
    Member: [Char Name] - 8» (10)
    WARNING: GroupInfoCode (2640) (dataLen:454 != sizeof(groupMemberStruct):230)!
    Member: [Char Name] - ±LöwH`;¾ (0)

You just volunteered to figure out what the new structure shape is... Go to the "Network" menu and select the "Log" sub-menu and enable "Unknown Zone Data". Then after getting that message look in "/usr/local/share/showeq/unknownzone.log" and look for packets with lines begiinning with "000 | 26 40" and figure out the structure. Then modify everquest.h to match the new structure, recompile, test the changes, and then when it all works, submit a patch.

The strings you are getting are "Mostly Harmless"

Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Developer
    I am working on this and have a question. Once I make the structure size correct in everquest.h, I will stop getting the data in the unknownzone.log file. I assume that once this happens, I will need to turn on op code monitoring to further examine the packets in question.

I have edited my seqdef.xml file so that the <property name="OpCodeMonitoring_List"> node contains <string value="2640:GroupChange:3:1" /> but when I turn on Op Code monitoring, it says that I haven't set any codes in my showeq.conf file. I also tried putting values in my showeq.conf file with the same results.

So my questions are: 1) Am I correct in that I will need op code monitoring once I get the structure size correct?; 2) Is Op Code monitoring working?; 3) where should I configure the list of op codes to monitor?

Developer
    I submitted Patch 559953 as a first stab at this.

I noticed that the m_xxx.cpp files did not get included with the cvs diff command. I also noticed that the position of stuff in these files changed on me during compile. Are these files auto generated by the build process? If not then I need to manually diff those and submit another patch. If so then it means that I didn't need to spend time editing them...

This patch updates the groupInfo structure to be the correct length. I haven't been able to decode the rest of it yet, but at least the first two names fields are correct now.

While working on this I noticed that there were 4 unimplemented opcodes that deal with group structures (4020, 4120, 4220, 4420) I put in the code to deal with these new op codes. I added to strucutures, interface, and the packet logger. I have not spent much time in the code line and am not positive I updated stuff everwhere I needed to. Someone more knowledgeable please check my work. (It seems to work for me ok)

I also submitted patch 559952, but forgot to log in, so please ignore that one.

The m_xxx.cpp files are generated by the moc (Meta Object Compiler), if I remember correctly... You shouldn't have to edit/diff/submit these files..

--Jeeves
    Last edited by high_jeeves; 05-24-2002 at 08:05 AM.

Developer
    cvs diff -u > whatever.diff doesn't pick up changes in these files then?

I will submit patches for these m_xxx.cpp files that I edited. Are there any other files that need to be diffed that wont be picked up by a cvs diff?

or

Does the moc thingy build its work from the other sourcefiles, not making it necessary to deal with the m_xxx.cpp files manually?

Edit:

I looked at the make file and found this:

m_%.cpp: %.h
    $(MOC) -nw $< -o $@

I read this as the m_xxx.cpp files are generated from the corresponding .h files. This suggests my second case above right? (meaning its auto built)
    Last edited by bonkersbobcat; 05-23-2002 at 10:59 PM.

MOC builds these files... they are generated from other source.. if the files arent checked into CVS, they wont show in the diff, and they dont need to be patched...

--Jeeves

Developer
    That's what I thought, but your message above
    You should have to edit/diff/submit these files..
    confused me. I now assume you meant "Shouldn't"

Yep.. sorry.. I just went back and edited...

--Jeeves

Smile

Cool, now if only more people responded like this...

This patch is very helpful and will be included in my next CVS commit (probably later today).

Thanks and Enjoy,
    Zaphod (dohpaZ)
    Chief Software Engineer of the Apocalypse.
    http://showeq.doomed.to/
    SourceForge.net user: dohpaz.

Personal thank you donations are now accepted.

Thread Information