Thread: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

Hybrid View

Re: ShowEQ 6 Beta Test

I had issue with showeq beta finding eth0 device. I guess the naming convention had changed to enp0sXXX from eth0XXX in newer linux distro.

I follow the instruction on changing the name to eth0 using this: https://www.linuxtopic.com/2017/02/h...face-name.html

After that, Showeq finally launched.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by robregen View Post
    I had issue with showeq beta finding eth0 device. I guess the naming convention had changed to enp0sXXX from eth0XXX in newer linux distro.

I follow the instruction on changing the name to eth0 using this: https://www.linuxtopic.com/2017/02/h...face-name.html

After that, Showeq finally launched.
    For what it's worth, you can specify the interface name when you run showeq using the "-i" flag:

showeq -i enp0s1

You can also set the interface in the application by going to the Network menu and selecting Set Device (though I don't think SEQ will start with an invalid interface in order to get to that point - so maybe that should be considered a bug). And it *should* save as part of the preferences so you don't have to keep specifying it, but I'm not 100% sure that works like that, either. It's something I've been meaning to investigate but I haven't gotten around to it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    For what it's worth, you can specify the interface name when you run showeq using the "-i" flag:

showeq -i enp0s1

You can also set the interface in the application by going to the Network menu and selecting Set Device (though I don't think SEQ will start with an invalid interface in order to get to that point - so maybe that should be considered a bug). And it *should* save as part of the preferences so you don't have to keep specifying it, but I'm not 100% sure that works like that, either. It's something I've been meaning to investigate but I haven't gotten around to it.
    I can confirm SEQ will not start with an invalid interface. The workaround was to edit the showeq.xml file in .showeq folder with the proper interface. Once that was done, ShowEQ would load and you can manage the interface name from the Network menu option as cn187 theorizes.

Developer

Time to fire things up and check out ShowEQ 6.

Thanks for keepin this stuff goin.

Thread Information