Thread: Updating names of ground spawns

Hybrid View

Administrator

Re: Updating names of ground spawns

That might not have been as clear as it should have been.

Held weapons DO have an ID to Name mapping that we maintain. But ground spawns don't. We should be able to change ground spawns to work in a similar way as held weapons, so we could maintain a list of ID to Name mappings going forward.

Though, I do wonder what you mean by "some really janky items for held items". The last I checked, the held item stuff worked fairly well (though it's based off the item graphic/model, so if it's called X, but looks like Y, it will show up as Y.

Re: Updating names of ground spawns

Quote Originally Posted by cn187 View Post
    Though, I do wonder what you mean by "some really janky items for held items". The last I checked, the held item stuff worked fairly well (though it's based off the item graphic/model, so if it's called X, but looks like Y, it will show up as Y.
    Some of them have odd names for held weapons is all I meant for it. It makes sense that it was just what someone decided to call it, vs the official name coming from the server. You mentioned for ground spawns that they display the name coming from the server and if not, it shows the ID. The only "ground spawns" I've seen with names have been tradeskill containers, which are technically ground spawns.

Thread Information