Thread: Updated QT 3.20, and SEQ - How To's I have learned.

Updated QT 3.20, and SEQ - How To's I have learned.

I decided to clean up my Linux boxes and make use of the time to learn more.

I went and got hold of Qt 3.2.0 and went about the same procedures to set it up.

I updated all my libraries and gcc and gmake. ( so I do not have to change the linux-thread config in Qt to make it work ). Just sym linked gcc and g++ as gcc3 and g++3.

Updated all the libraries, ( I do everything with src only, no RPMs and stuff... I LIKE to see what its doing ).

My 3 Linux boxes are Slackware, Redhat and Mandrake. Had a SuSe one, but it was abhorently slow compared to the other 3.

Downloaded the tarball and went about my usual task of resetting everything.

Then came the QT Compile. Sweet.
    Then came the SEQ Compile. FAST!!

Then came the normal everytime a patch hits question... What can I do to help?

So, I go through the forum.. Searching for how Fester and Zaphod get all these opcodes, where the one leaves off and how Fester is disecting eqgame.exe to find the ASM code he is searching for. What this all means.. etc..

The experimenting is what pays off, for me at least.

After running SEQ for 2 years now, from making a .dll packet sniffer ( actually a HOOK), to finding ONE OpCode. ( hey.. I have a wife, 4 kids and a dog )... I learned .. and I learned more in the past few days.. and this latest patch than I have before.

Once you think you have found an Opcode.. you sit.. ( I sit in Icewell Keep or sometimes I go to Halas ) just find a small zone, usually devoid of casting NPC's and hardly anyone around.
    And you experiment.... Open a Door... several times... if you see the same Opcode pop up in the terminal window.. you test it. by adding the opcode in and recompiling..

Sometimes.. you get a flood of opcodes on the screen.. you have to watch it.. And pick the one code you are looking for.. then just keep watching for that one code.. ignore the rest. Until you figure that one out... If you get frustrated.. just think how Fester and Zaphod get.. hehe..

The reward? Is being able to match an Opcode to the Struct..

If you approach it like a puzzle.. a game in itself.. it can be quite FUN!

Oh.. Fester... yer MAD bud!.. hehe.. You read ASM like I read the sunday newspaper.. I'd like to learn that sometime, and how to take it apart. I just got "witched" a Hex/Binary file interpreter/viewer... Doubt that would help me any.. but its pretty cool to mess with.

Zaphod. Welcome back.. "Mad Props" to you guy.. I've learned alot from your posts..

BlueAdept. You got any new Zone Filters?? heheh

thanks..

Actually yes, I have about 10-15 new filters. I still have to finish them up and get them up there. I have been a little busy with the site and some other stuff.

I also have about 4 spawnlogs I still have to go through. That probably wont happen for about another week.
    Filters for ShowEQ can now be found here. filters-5xx-06-20-05.tar.gz

ShowEQ file section is here. https://sourceforge.net/project/show...roup_id=10131#

Famous Quotes:

Ratt: WTF you talkin' about BA? (Ok.. that sounds like a bad combo of Diffrent Strokes and A-Team)

Razzle: I showeq my wife

Thread Information