Thread: Faction Chart

Faction Chart

Does anyone have the old faction-to-number value chart from back before VI stopped sending faction values to the client?

I am just curious to see the distances between the various faction names even if SEQ is not capable of displaying them in numerical form any longer.

Well, I couldn't find it on this site using search so I used google and found this on some other forum. They said they stole it from someone who uses ShowEQ so I figured it I'd steal it back. :)

Lowest -2800
    scowls -2800 to -801 (2000 point range)
    threatening -800 to -501 (300 point range)
    dubious -500 to -101 (400 point range)
    apprehsive -100 to -1 (100 point range)
    indifferent 0 to 100 (100 point range)
    amiably 101 to 500 (400 point range)
    kindly 501 to 700 (200 point range)
    warmly 701 to 1199 (500 point range)
    ally 1200 and up (assuming max = 2800, 1600 point range)

TMiss

EDIT: ack! no way to do tables with vB code?
    Last edited by tmiss; 02-09-2003 at 04:22 PM.

I've been to -3000. And it's -700 for the cross between Dubious and Threatening.

Ally, if i recall right, is +1100.

Other than them small figures, I say the rest is correct.

That chart is pretty wrong. Back when SoE still sent actual values, I logged it as something like:

-3000 to -701 Scowling
    -700 to -501 Threatening
    -500 to -301 Dubious
    -300 to -101 Apprehensive
    -100 to +99 Indifferent
    100 to 299 Amiable
    300 to 499 Kindly
    500 to 699 Warmly
    700 to 3000 Ally

For CoV faction:
    Killing a mercenary = 15 pts
    Turning in assignments = 15 pts
    Killing a giant or wolf in GD or EW = 1 pt
    Killing a giant in WL = 5 pts
    Killing a named giant in WL = 10 pts
    Turning in a giant helm = 15 pts

I'm not 100% sure of the numbers because it was a long time ago and I don't have my notes any more but I'm pretty sure all faction "levels" had the same number of points in them except scowling and ally.

I used to take guildmates to WL to track mercenaries for them to get CoV faction and did quite a bit of tracking of the faction values.

The chart tmiss posted is what I have been working from for quite some time. It is as accurate as I can figure. Anymore, you have to guess (or remember) how many points a particular action will alter you, but in the cases that I do remember, that chart has been as accurate as I could measure, based on logging faction hits and counting them, conning something to see when I change as often as possible.

And guice, as for every level (dubious through warmly) having the same range, that also I can attest to being false. Don't need SEQ to know that, just to watch things as you work a faction. Dubious is clearly wider than say, indifferent. Also, warmly is rather wide, the last hurdle as you are perhaps pushing for ally if a quest requires it ;-)

I didn't say Dubious was the same as Indifferent.

Back when I did the mapping, it was before Ally was put into place. What I found was the numbers for crossing over where the same on both sides of the '0'. Ie -100 is cross over as well as +100.

Ally was then later added and it was made unique from the 'scale' of numbers.

Scale from Amiable to Kindly is the same from Dubious to Threatening. Scale from Kindly to Warmly is also the same gap as Threatening to Scowling.

Now, reasons things might seem smaller in the KoS side is cause with the release of Velious the neg factions now hurt a good 2 fold compared to that pos faction you might take.

W/out seeing the numbers now, it's really hard to make any judgements on anything new. Hits are no longer an == hit from all factions. It's 2x(+) on Neg hits for every pos hit. (or there abouts)

But all in all, I do recall the scale being the same on both sides of the 0. Ally being the only exception.

Thread Information